cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over write

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem while I transfer ESR content using File Transport. I have two namespaces under a SWCV under DEV. I have seven namespaces under the same SWCV under QAS. Now if I import the saved ESR content of the DEV to QAS, will it overwrite all the namespaces in QAS. I mean will I lose them as they are not there in DEV ?

A particular scenario is configured and working only in QAS

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Depend. What do you want transport ? A hole namespace with delete objects in XDV ? Or particular objects. First case your objects will be replace the others in XQA.. the other case only will be replace the objects in XQA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to Transport just a Namespace from DEV to QAS ? This should not delete the other namespaces under the SWCV in QAS.

I have a SWCV SAP APPL 6.04 in both DEV and QAS. I need to Transport one namesapce under DEV to QAS without other namespaces in the SWCV under QAS getting deleted. Is it possible?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Yes, it posible transport just namespace, is not problem.. only rigth click on namespace and select to transport. This no affect another namespace in QAs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After exporting the Namespace from DEV, when I import in QAS, do I have to specify the SWCV under which it should come under ?

Regards

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you export in DEV, there will be a check box for "export software component definition" (or something like that).

It will automatically go under the correct software component.

Best Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

My situation is bit complex. There are few scenarios working in DEV and other scenarios working in QAS. I want to Transport one scenario in DEV to QAS. I can't go for the entire SWCV option as it will over write the other namespaces in QAS.

So I need to select one particular Namespace from DEv and Transport it to QAS, I don't want this to overwrite other namespaces in QAS

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Only select a namespace and Export. , don't select a SCW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I imported. It said " A conflict arise, it should be solved manually". Now am not able to see the imported namespace under the SWCV

Regards

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

What did you transport? The fill SWCV or just the namespace?

Can you tell me how the SWCV in QA got transported in the first place?

In general when you get the Conflicts error, you have to go to the Change tab and select the object and ropen the transprted object to resolve the conlfict.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I selected a Namespace from DEV, clicked on export, downloaded the .tpz file and Imported it to QAS. Now it was there under the conflict tab and the other namespaces were there under the Design tab.

I went to conflict tab, opened it and don't know what I did, now the entire namespaces are missing. I can see the imported ones under Design tab and under the conflicts tab, I don't see anything.

I rejected changes and got all the previous namespaces. Now I see the imported namespace under conflicts tab

Regards

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

When you export from DEV,

Do as follows:

Chose the Object set as "Objects from the Namespace"

and in the next screen, Uncheck the options "With Software Component Version Definition" and "With Namespace definition".

Then try to import in QAS.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

That's fine.

But what will I do with the already Imported namespace which is under Conflicts Tab under QAS ?

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still have same problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

No, its a conflict when I transported a namespace

Regards