cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Stamp changing when using Update_Simple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When I'm trying to update a record through if_mdm_core_services->Update_Simple method...the create stamp of the corresponding record is also getting updated in the repository,which should not happen actually,as you know it is "creation time" and not "change time".Pls check and suggest a way out.Note that create stamp field is aslo a qualifier type in my case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit ,

Can you please elaborate ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more thing just came to my mind - not sure if this is the case in ur issue ...

check as well if u are in the UPDATE_SIMPLE , replacing the original record with the the changed record (in that case it may change the timestamp)

if u are not actually replacing but only updating changed / some fields then this is a bug for sure !

hth

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit ,

Can you please elaborate ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any parameter in the method that says whether its a replace or update ?

could u get me the parameter list ??

and u could also check while debugging the code - whether in the update the internal ID for the record is diff than the original one ?? then its a replace

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only Timestamp and User stamp works in that model.Createstamp applies to the entire record.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

update should nt modify the create stamp

this seems to a bug and i suggest report to SAP

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree CREATESTAMP field should not be updated when the record is being changed. Please raise an OSS with SAP.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Anyone else experiencing the same problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a small check.

Please check in console that "CREATE STAMP" field has all these fields excluded those are meant to be updated.

Create stamp field monitors based on the fields.

-MD