Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux TestDrive SAP NetWeaver 7.02 MaxDB available in SAP Shop

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

We have just released a fresh version of our NetWeaver testdrive. Testdrive of NetWeaver 7.02 SPS7 is MaxDB based and can be ordered free of charge in SAP Knowledge Shop (www.sap.com/shop -> Knowledge Shop -> Documentation > SAP NetWeaver > SAP NetWeaver), material number is 50105321. A DB2 LUW version will follow within the next few weeks, we also work on a download version. We have tested with SLES10 and SLES11, RHEL6 and Ubuntu 10.10. Suse will provide a custom made SLES11 SP1 based virtual appliance with sufficient diskspace to home the testdrive. We have worked on a couple of simplifications to make the installation process even simpler than it was before.

We await your feedback

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

I would like to have the Linux  test drive install link can you please help?

Thanks,

Iqbal

jakob_thilo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

you mentioned, that SUSE would provide a custom made vmware image of SLES 11 SP1 to be used with this preview edition. Are there any news on wether and when this will be available ?

regards,

Jakob

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SLES vm is now available, see my post about the new download version of testdrive, or check out here: [SLES11SP1 VM|http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=x1e9uCQ4074~]

Manfred

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Has anyone installed the 50105321 SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2 SPS07 Linux/MaxDB? Can you post the re-start time(with basic B2B installation), Deployment time(for standard B2B), HW specs, Linux OS Version? I've seen for server's it only takes couple of seconds to restart the J2EE Engine but for laptop or PC I would like to know the performance.

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I tried this several times on my laptop with 4GB RAM and i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz. Performance is acceptable, also for J2EE. Start time of J2EE is in the minute range.

Manfred

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

That sounds awsome. I've seen this server restart within minutes with full blown server. I would recommend 64bit OS with 8GB RAM and it should do the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

I would like to try this, but the SAP shop has not been available for several days now. Is it possible to download in another way?

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Robbie

Download will become available later in the year. If you want one right now, you (and anybody else who wants one during the shop outage) can send your coordinates to our linuxatsapcom email address.com and I will take care that you will receive your copy.

Best regards

Manfred

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Alias www.sap.com/shop does not work at the moment, you can get to the shop using http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/our-company/sap-merchandise.epx. Sorry for any incovenience

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The CD arrived quickly, and I was able to install the system on Ubuntu 10 running under Virtualbox. It was all amazingly straightforward.