cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change BS names while transporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have to Transport objects from Dev to Qas. I am using File Transport and I am downloading it to the client, Desktop. When I import it to the QAS, will the names of the Business Systems change or do we have to change them manually?

How do we include the option in SLD so that the names of Business Systems will point to the ones in Quality when it's transported ? I am maintaining only one SLD for Dev, Qas and Production

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

assuming that you have created business system for QA system in SLD.

1) click on business system of DEV

2) click on the Transport tab

3) under target system section say Add .... select your QA BS with the corresponding Group....save

then import the QA BS in the QA system of PI manually......then transport the objects....the BS name will get changed automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I checked the blog and followed the path, but some doubts still.

I click on Business System and then Transport. On the right, I see Add/Change Target. I click on that and I get a pop up screen which says something like this..

Group No Additional groups Available

Target No Targets Available

Under this, I have OK and Cancel, but OK is greyed out, so I can't click on that.

How do I proceed ? I have created alll the Business systems for DEV and QAS in SLD. Also, we are using ONLY one SLD

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Group No Additional groups Available

have you created the Groups?

DR, QA, PROD ..... each one referencing the corresponding BS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

No, I have not created any gropus. This is how I thought of doing it. Transport all the objects under SAP APPL from ESR and also all the objects from under the Configuration Scenario that I created in ID.

As far as SLD is concerned, it contains only the Business Systems. How many groups should I create ? Right now, I am working on one scenario. There are three more to go. So should I create a Group that includes all the Business systems from the current scenario? Then after I finish each scenario create Groups for each scenario?

I have not yet created the Business Systems for PROD ?

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Have you checked my blog,please refer that.

in your case one group for dev is enough.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I checked your blog. This is where I am getting confused. In your blog, there is one group for target also. So if I make only one group for Dev, how will I add that under Target ? It should be the Group for QAS, right ? Or am I missing something?

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as mentioned in my earlier reply create one group for each environment and then each BS mapped to the respective Group.

It should be the Group for QAS, right ?

right

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 24, 2011 5:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Thanks. I was able to do it

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer below blog.

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/21/transport-targets-and-groups-in-the-sld

Regards,

Raj