cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Re-Explosion at sales order created with referance to Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your advise in mapping below requirement.

Our clinet is into service industry.

The sales process is Contract --> Sales Order --> Invoice.Currently all the services will be charged using a BOM.

The BOM IS Created as below.

BOM Header Material--- ABC

BOM Components -

ABC1

Now because of additional tax requirements for the services we need to differentiate the services charged to the customer, thus we are planning to change the BOM Masterdata as below.

BOM Header Material--- ABC

BOM Components---- ABC2 , ABC3, ABC4,ABC5,

Because of the change in BOM master data all the new contracts created will have the new BOM and its components.

Our concern is how to convert the existing contracts. Business is asking even for the existing contracts if a sales order is created it should contain the new materials and taxes should be calculated based on the new materials.

For the Legacy (Existing) contracts as few sales orders and invoices are created, we can not delete the old materials and add new materials.

Is there any way to make the BOM Re explosion at sales order level .

Ex: Conract created with old bom data and it has ABC and ABC1 materials in it, when a sales order is created system should read the new bom master data and explode it with the new materials.

If we do it either through SAP Standard feature or by a user exit will there be any negative impacts on the existing transactions or will there be any problems as the materials in the contracts and sales orders will be different.

Please share your thoughts and inputs on this.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for hijacking this thread but I have a question regarding the re-explosion of BOM's.

When creating a sales order with reference to a quote (containing BOM's), we currently re-explode the BOM's in the sales order i.e the components of the BOM on the quote are not copied to the sales order, this results in the quote being left with a status of partially referenced / being processed.

We want to be able to make the original quote "complete" when referenced - how can we do this if not all the items are copied to the sales order ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

As far as I know, there is no standard option or user exit to reexplode BOM on sales order.

Following your requirement, there is one alternative which I can think about:-

In your copy control settings, while copying item details from Contract to Sales Order (T Code VTAA) - you can set "Reexplode structure/free goods" check box flagged. Once this customizing is done, system will reexplode the BOM while copying item details from contract to sales order.

Thanks,

Palash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palash,

Thanq so much for your inputs. I have put some test cases in our test system and its working well as you said.Could you throw some light on will there be any negative impacts as the mateirals in the contract and the materials in the sales order are different, the additional materials that got exploded in the sales order wont have any referance to them. And also do we need to do any negative impact analysis for the sales orders and invoices already created for the open contracts?

Thanks in advance,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we ran the test cases the BOM is not Re-exploded in the sales order when created with referance to a contract. One option we thought about is cancelling all the open contracts and creating new contracts for those, thus the new bom will be added to the contract. It looks very hectic as we have aroung 5000+ open contracts.

Can any one suggest an alternative approach for this.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Edited by: srini vasarao on Jun 27, 2011 9:02 AM