SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM- BCS Budget Address and Posting Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We are in the process of FM-BCS implementation (with EHP4).

When we are uploading the budget and posting the transanctions system is checking Budget adress and posting address of the transactions by default. If we maintain Budget address and Posting address for that transactions ( through transaction codes FMBSBO_MULT and FMBSPO_MULT ) system is allowing for posting the transactions.

But each and every combinations (i.e fund center, fund, commitment item and budget period) to maintain the Budget address and Posting Addresshe to transactions is very difficult.

Kindly suggest Is there any configuration setting available for posting the transactions without executing the Budget address and Posting Address.

Thanks in advance

Rao

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's only dependent on your configuration. If you choose to work with budget structure, then creatin of addresses is quite substanital, though even there you can switch off the address check: FMBOSTAT transaction for budget address check and IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Master Data - Use of Account Assignment Elements - Budget Structure (BCS) - Define Settings for the Budget Structure for posting address.

However, if you don't work at all with budget structure, which is possible, then you don't have to define addresses at all.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for your quick support,

If we are not maintained Budget structure, is there any other implications .

Thanks in advance

Rao

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Since you don't want to control your budget and posting via the addresses, there is no sense in creating budget structure. I have implemented several projects without it; it all depends on the business requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eli

Thanks for your valuable support. I will check the same.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks