cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Analytics doesnt work for customized monitoring objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined a customized monitoring object and have configured the customized key figure in BPM. The customized monitoring object works perfectly with the alerts getting triggered for the maintained parameters.

However, if I I try to use BP analytics for my customized monitoring object,the alerts are not getting triggered. For using BP analytics, I have configured them under logical components and also used the create with reference option under business processes. But still if I view in operations tab " the check for alert on the managed system is showing as "00.00.00" and no alerts are getting triggered.

In the set up guide it is mentioned that BP analytics doesnt support the application monitors of type "Interfaces and Cross Application" .They have not mentioned "Customer Defined" Application monitors. So,I am not sure if this is supported by BP analytics or not. Has anyone come across this type of issue??

Cant we use BP analytics for "Customer Defined" application monitors?

Thanks,

Bhuvana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuvana

I have not tried Analytics with customer exit. But I think it is possible. (You can see some description about

the combination of customer exit and Analytics in some note and setup guide).

For this, I recommend you to check latest customer exit guide with ABAP OO framework.

As of ST-A/PI N, new framework become available. And this is explained in the document below.

Here you can see some example with Analytics.

(Extend standard monitor with customer exit)

http://www.service.sap.com/bpm=>Technical Info=>Setup Guide - Customer Exit with ABAP OO

Also, I recommend you to check following notes. That fixes some bug. Depending on the ST-A/PI of your

satellite system, required note become different.

ST-A/PI N

(3) In Business Process Analytics, the Age Analysis does not work for those key figures which have been developed

using the OO-Framework (also Customer Exit).

ST-A/PI M(SP1)

Since the document in above ABAP OO framework describes Analytics topic, and this OO framework is latest

method, I think updating ST-A/PI to N, and create your custom monitor with OO framework by refering to the document

might be most easy way.

Hope my comment above help you.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for ur reply.Yes I saw that document and have been using only that. Now the alerts are getting triggered but if I set up the monitoring object using "Create with reference", the detail info doesnt work for viewing the alert details. I have implemented the detail info in my customer exit .The same is working if I set up the monitoring object independently(Without using the option ":Create with reference".

Regards,

Bhuvana

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is resolved. The detail info is working

Answers (0)