cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while transporting Value field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created one value field in Development system. I assigned this value field to one operating concern in KEA0 transaction. After that, I transported the operating concern using the transaction KE3I( ABAP Repository objects). While transporting, I gave 2 CTS - workbench and customizing but i got the error that noauthorization to change the request. When I press ok, another message is displayed, that operation performed successfully" Also, i checked the request in SE01, workbench request had the whole operating concern data.

I transported the CTS to Quality system, but there I found that entry for new value field was there but desctiption was blank and also, the date element for value field was not created.

I am not sure why the description and data element was not transported. Please let me know if you have any inputs on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor

Hi,

You need to perform the following steps:

1. Value field added in source thro tcode KEA6

2. Regenerate the environment of operating concern in source (tcode KEA0)

3. Transport using KE3I (select: ABAP repository objects)

4. Regenerate the environment of operating concern in target

Via transaction code KE3I you have the option to transport specific object classes. If you select 'Structures: ABAP Repository

objects' the following settings are transported:

Cross-client objects in the SAP Repositiory

- Tables and structures of the operating concern (CE1xxxx - CE8xxxx)

- Domains and data elements for CO-PA characteristics

- Master data tables for CO-PA characteristics (without data)

Cross-client control tables

- CO-PA field catalog

- View directory

Concering a transfer of value field text it would be enough just to transport corresponding data element and regenerate internal field catalog. You do it by program RKEAGENF.

regards

Waman