cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Project Tools

0 Kudos

Hi There

Recently my manager requested me to download the below SAP tools from Service Marketplace. Question is, are these tools not intergrated with Solution Manager because most of them reference to ASAP which from my understanding has been phased out. IS this worth the effort to download them? If yes, then where and how can I download them.

u2022 The Project Estimator, an internal SAP tool which enables SAP consultants to accurately gauge the required resources, the costs and the time frame of implementation. The Project Estimator takes into account the project scope and several project and risk factors.

u2022 The Concept Check Tool, a tool enabling you to carry out quality checks on the project preparation, technical infrastructure and R/3 configuration settings. This is done mainly during the first two implementation phases of the R/3 project. In this way you are alerted to potential data volume and configuration conflicts that could lead to performance issues if not addressed.

u2022 The Implementation Assistant: The ASAP navigation tool that accompanies you through the five phases of implementation down to the task level. It includes a description and a detailed "how-to" for each task in the Roadmap. Along with that, many tools, templates and documents are hyperlinked to the task. The Implementation Assistant contains the following elements:

u2022 ASAP Implementation Roadmap and Project Plan. The Roadmap contains the five phases, from which you can drill down into work packages, activities and tasks. The Project Plan contains three components, a budget plan, a resource plan and a work plan

Regards,

Prince

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Dear Prince,

From a tool perspective, the SAP Solution Manager implementation function is the successor to the ValueSAP tools, covering implementation aspects. This means that all major ValueSAP/AcceleratedSAP tools such as the Implementation Assistant, Q&Adb, and the Master Lists are replaced by SAP Solution Manager functionality.

I would recommend you to kindly visit the URL :

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

There is a FAQ Section built here which addresses most of the common queries on Solution Manager.

Hope that this addresses your query.

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

Thank you very much. your answer definately made a difference

0 Kudos

Thank you for the assistance. Solution pointed me towards the correct direction.