Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PPM generation automation

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to automate SNP PPM generation. For example if a Production version is changed in R/3, it should be reflected in APO PP/DS PPM and automatically SNP PPM must be updated with the change or a new SNP PPM be generated.

Currently if there is a change in BOM/Routing etc or new BOM/Routing is created then respecitve production version is updated and cifed to APO via CFM1/2 or change transfer CFP3, then existing SNP PPM is regenerated using /SAPAPO/OO_PPM_CONV and old PPM is deactivated using MASSD. Some times there are lot of materials changes in BOM/Routing in different point in time, it becomes difficult to track all these changes and a few are missed. This creates wrong planning in SNP run and becomes difficult to find out the reason for faulty planning data.

So as to make system foolproof we want to automate this transfer of PPM to apo from R/3. Please suggest Badi/enhancement in R/3 and APO to achive this.

Regards

Abhishek Rai

Edited by: Abhishek Rai on Jun 24, 2011 8:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

For Production version changes, I think you have to schedule the program RSPPMCHG(CFP3) in background,The logic behind this program is to check the change status in table CIF_PPM_CHANGED for particular material-location combination.

Now you want to trigger this program at the time of any change in BOM in R/3 so you have to look for BAdi/ user exit for change in BOM transaction, there you can write the logic like this, if production version is changed, submit the above program in background,you can pass the material-location with changed version to this report however at the same time, Intergration Model should be active for the PPM.I hope this will help you at some extent.

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurab

This solves first part of the problem... but, how to generate the SNP PPM from PPDS PPM automaticaly as soon as the SNP PPM is updated from R/3. This is the main challange.

Regards

Abhishek Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

To convert the PPDS PPM into SNP PPM, you can use the program /SAPAPO/PPM_CONV_PPDS_TO_SNP in APO.

If this will not work, please let me know.

Regards,

Saurabh