Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split 1 IDoc into 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The scenario is SAP MDM --> PI -->SAP ECC,

MDM sends XML Message with 3 segments and a field (Material Number).

The 1st and 3rd segment have a field class type, based on which the splitting is to be done.

The 1st segment has a default class type value as 001, and when splitted the 1st and 2nd segment will go to IDoc1 along with field Material Number.

The class type of 3rd segment needs to be checked, if the value is 002 it will form IDoc2 and the common field Material Number will also be part of IDoc2. Both the resulting IDocs will be sent to ECC. Please help me with this.

Thanks,

NehaSingh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will create 2 message mappings & 2 Interface mappings,

first : from Idoc to IDoc1

second : from IDoc to IDoc2

Now choose your mappings in Interface Determination conditions.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multimapping worked for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Can you kindly explain which multimapping work in your case as for my info for receiver IDOC adapter multimapping does not work for 7.0 is this functionality has been provided in some recent upgrade ? or you are using 2 message mapping and 2 interface mapping and putting a condition on Interface determination to call required mapping .Kindly explain how you achieved your requirement .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I am using PI 7.1. And in the mapping, using the signature tab, I imported two Idocs on the target side and mapped the source fields such that, those which I needed in IDoc1, I mapped it to that and the ones which I needed in IDoc2, I mapped them to that.

It worked for me. I am new to PI, so not very sure of, if this is something new with 7.1.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Multimapping 1:N is possible without using BPM in PI 7.1

But N:1 is not possible.

In your case it is 1:2 so it will work.

Regards,

Debashish

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Why don't you go with this option. [CLICK_ME|/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/24/multi-mapping-without-bpm-for-idoc-scenarios-yes-it146s-possible] [original link is broken];/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/24/multi-mapping-without-bpm-for-idoc-scenarios-yes-it146s-possible

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multimapping does not work with the receiver Idoc adapter, so you would need to use a BPM in this case.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

develop the scenario using multi mapping and based on condition generate the IDoc