cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Viewer Windows 7 64-bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Our Add-On is developed in VB6, and we have our standard reports designed with Crystal Reports 2008. We ship our application with Crystal runtimes of same version.

The problem is, on some Windows 7 64-bit systems, when the user runs the reports, then the viewer launches minimized on the task bar and the user cannot preview the reports.

Does anyone know why this happens ?

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may want to check the CR 2008 version used.

Win 7 64 bits is only officially supported by CR 2008 with ServicePack 3.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I downloaded and installed the run times for CR 2008 SP03 from the SAP Crystal Reports download site

I am still unable to view the reports - does it mean i need to rebuild my Crystal Reports using the designer with SP03 installed?

(I manage with the CR 2008 Basic version - do I need to upgrade? To what version?)

Regards,

Esau

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Crystal Report (8.5) is not working on win7/windows 2008 64 bit system

My application is a vb application and I am using Crystal report 8.5. It is working fine on 32 bit system and 64 bit system of Windows 2003 server. When I run the same application either on win7 64 bit or on 2008 64 bit, report does not open.

I am using vb script to access the database.

Part of the code written in the VB script file is as follows:

Dim objrsRecordSet                 'As RecordSet

Dim strSQL                         'As String

'**** Open Database Connection using the parameters passed from the main program

Set dbConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

dbConnection.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=" & mstrServer & ";uid=" & mstrUserName _

& ";pwd=" & mstrPassword & ";Database=" & mstrDatabase & ";"

dbConnection.Open

dbConnection.CommandTimeout = 200

dbConnection.Properties("Enable Fastload").Value = True

Basically we have two visual basic projects developed in VB 6.0 language: let’s say 

1. Diapp (we consume the report.dll in this application, in order to generating the reports)

2. Adacrystalapp (which is used for making the report.dll)

Diapp application generating the reports on windows-XP(32 bit machines) without any problems but when I run the same application on 64 bit machines(win7/Vista…etc) report is not generating.

If I run the both applications (Diapp, Adacrystalapp) in debug mode then reports are generating on 64 bit machines (win7/vista) also without any problems.

Please help me out with this issue, i will appreciate for your response.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answered in your other post. Please do not cross post. This is part of the SCN Rules of Engagement.

- Ludek

0 Kudos

B1 is and OEM version of CR runtime and likely won't work with patches. VB 6 is not supported in CR 2008 because there are no SDK's that VB 6 can use, .NET Assemblies only. VB also does not know what B1 is nor are the drivers supported.

Only option is to move to .NET and CR assemblies or what ever B1 SDK supports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don,

We have also come to the conclusion that the best way forward is to move to the .NET Framework.

We are currently porting our application to C# - we shall continue to monitor the Crystal Reports in relation to our new application.

I have to say a big thank you to everyone who supported us with their feedback - it is invaluable.

In future, when we have finished testing and hopefully had a successful working Crystal Report run times on our environment, we would like to share our experience with the community as well.

Best regards,

Esau Maghanga

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your reports are using ODBC to connect to the database, make sure you have the ODBC setup in the 32 bit ODBC Administrator. Crystal can't use 64 Bit ODBC.

Strangely the 32 Bit ODBC Administator is in the WOW64 folder on your machine and both the 32 and 64 bit ODBC Administrators are called ODBCAD32.EXE. Make sure you use the correct one.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for proving hints towards solving my problem.

My reports are created using Crystal Report 2008 (Version 12.1.0.892)

I use ADO for connecting to the database in my Visual Basic 6 application.

The issue is every time I launch a report for viewing within my addon for SAP Business One,

the report launches in minimized mode. i.e. the task is running and viewable on the windows task bar but it cannot be maximized to enable viewing of the report.

I have installed the crystal report runtimes from the SAP site (utilities) for CR 2008 SP 03 (as suggested) but to no avail.

As far as I can tell, I am unable to view Crystal Reports on Windows 7 64-bit system - even after installing Crystal Report 2008 Basic on the same system.

Please advise,

Esau.