Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to implement the following scenario:

In SAP an user exit calls an RFC which uses a TCP/IP Connection (SM59) to the XI and sends data over this connection to it. The XI connects via a SOAP adapter my server program and sends the data in a soap stream to this server.

This works sometimes ok and sometimes not.

The status for those messages in the XI is "scheduled for outbound processing" with a little black arrow pointing to the right.

The error message in the Runtime Workbench for such a job is:

SOAP: request message entering the adapter

SOAP: call failed

SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ...

SOAP: sent a delivery error ack

How can I find out what the problem is?

Thanks,

Konrad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant help with the specific problem, but can say that I've noticed a few SOAP adapter quirks fixed with sps15/16/17 so if you're not running sps17 I'd start by looking through the associated notes to see if anything's familiar. If you're using a sync call to XI then perhaps it's hitting the max simultaneous connections (default is 20) and throwing a wobbly. Other than that, only other thing I can think of that would explain the randomness would be network connectivity.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer!

Where can I check what SPS I have? Are you talking about the XI, the SAP System...?

Greetings,

Konrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Integration Builder Help -> Information -> Service Pack, on the XI instance.

Would help if you explain your scenario a little more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do System Status in the GUI of XI.

Then look under SAP System Data click on the icon.

The SP is the last two digits of the SAP_BASIS component

Have you checked the error message you are getting in SXMB_MONI - sometimes this tells you more.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have "0014" there so I should get some updates I think

Thanks again,

Konrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I have "0014" there so I should get some updates I

> think

Definitely check the associated sapnotes first as you might find you spend a day updating and it doesnt fix your problem Only brought it up as I was looking through the updates today and noticed a few SOAP related changes ranging from minor to major! Also check if you're hitting a sync call limit (SXMS_SAMON) as that might be causing problems (In theory it'd queue but I've not tested that yet).

Using 14 here without (known) issue.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is SOAP supposed to by used synchron or is also ok to use it asynchron? At the moment I use it asynchron because it is not necessary to send something back to the XI/SAP system. May this be the problem somehow?

First I was trying to use http plain but I could not manage to get it running. It need to call a service of our software like "http://<hostname>:<port>/<function (like /plain/test123)>" but I did not succed to configure this in the XI. There you can set a target host, a service number and path! But I did not get it running... That's why I used SOAP! If I could get the http adapter running this would also be ok for me!

Thanks,

Konrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on your Webservice you are calling.

If the Webservice is providing a request/response scenario then it will be sync. If it is a request only then it will be async.

Not sure if a Webservice can be request only as I haven't encountered this before.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would also get Basis to check the SOAP adapter.

Is your communication channel showing green when you have this issue in the RWB ?

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My function just waits for the call, does some stuff with the received data and that's it. There is no response implemented on my software so I thought asynchron should be it!

Thanks,

Konrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it shows green all the time...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a message is scheduled for outbound processing, it is normally sent automatically.

does it always sit at this status or does it change after a while ?

If it is an issue with the connectivity from the Integration Server to the Adapter Framework you would get a different error message.

If it is an issue with connectivity from the SOAP adapter to your target, you would also get a different error - it is likely to be shown as an outright failure. Plus the error shown in the message is likely to be

"com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"

Hope this helps.

i think you need to get Basis involved to see why messages are not getting sent from the rfc queues automatically all the time.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

No, the status does not change any more. It stays like this for days now...

I don't really get your answer so please help me again. It cannot be a connectivity problem because then it should be a different error message, right? But what do you mean with "com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"???

Who is refusing the connection?

And what do you mean with "i think you need to get Basis involved to see why messages are not getting sent from the rfc queues automatically all the time."?

Thank you very much,

Konrad