cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Scenario combining 3 formats of files i.e. JPG, PDF, Flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly guide me developing the below mentioned scenario with all the details furnished in it. The scenario has to be done in PI 7.1 version.

Also please let me know the different type of adapters required for conversion of PDF and JPG files.

Scenario:

3 files as Input

1st File: Employee photo in JPG format

2nd File: Employee Certificate in PDF format

3rd File: Employee Details in File format

Desired Output:

1 IDoc per employee with all the details (JPG, PDF, File) combined.

Thanks in Advance,

Madhvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

This is very difficult to use FileAdapter To IDOC....

difficult point

1, 3 files will go separately, receiver must wait other 2files.

2, idoc has own protocol, I dont know how to contain files in the protcol

I don't know it will work correctly, but if I have to make this scinerio I ll make bellow.

1,3 files will be Ziped.

2, Receiver adapter is ABAP proxy. ABAP proxy will unziped the files and stored the files.

thanks

Naoki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The scenario requirement has to changed like the 2 files i.e. of PDF & Flat files would be zipped and there would be a different interface in which only the JPG format file would be sent.

Kindly let me know by using which adapter I would be able to convert the JPG file to xml format and process the file. Also let me know if there any other specific configurations required for this conversion and successful processing of the interface.

Thanks in Advance,

Madhvi

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvi.

You can use simple file adapter to pickup JPG file.

Please see below blogs about how to process image file in PI

Sending an Image File Through Exchange Infrastructure in a File-to-Mail Scenario

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c6d38c5816

SAP XI/PI: Storing BINARIES (Images, PDFs etc.) in the Database (BLOBs) Using JDBC Adapter

/people/praveen.gujjeti/blog/2010/03/28/sap-xipi-storing-binaries-images-pdfs-etc-in-the-database-blobs-using-jdbc-adapter

Exchange Infrastructure Binary Conversion Simplified: A Step-by-Step Image File to Image File Mapping and Conversion Using Java Mapping

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10dd67dd-a42b-2a10-2785-91c40ee56c0b

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvi,

may i know what do you meant combined together ? is this IDOC customize or standard ?

I would prefer to used ABAP Proxy, since you can attached all the 3 files together in 1 message.

Cheers

Fernand.