SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPEM/EMMA - Suppress error messages from application log

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm implementing BPEM in a utilities project and have a question about the suppression of error messages from application log function.

1. Am I correct that this functionality is used to suppress any error messages from transaction SLG1, so that new messages become more obvious when considering new BPEM cases?

2. If I add messages EMMA 11 and EMMA 12 to this table, will it break BPEM functionality?

3. What happens if I add an error message that is used to generate a BPEM case category?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as suppression of message is concerned, we can include those messages which are not useful in any analysis. You can suppress them from application log only to ease burden on database. Since, you have excluded them from application log, I think BPEM will not catch them and create BPEM cases. Please check.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppress error message functionality delivered within the BPEM customization does not suppress the message getting in the application log. It only suppress/ignore the message during the analysis of logs for the process.

Please explain your question clearly as it is not clear what exactly you are trying to do and how.

You can stop the message getting in the application log only by make a change/control at the program as application log is something which is controlled by the application itself and runs in the program/system memory at the application runtime.

BPEM helps you to ignore particular message/s during the run time of analysis of the particular process.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your questions,

1. Am I correct that this functionality is used to suppress any error messages from transaction SLG1, so that new messages become more obvious when considering new BPEM cases?

No, By Suppression of Messages for Log Preparation,it means When the application log is being processed, the messages entered in this list will not appear in the EMMA application log

2. If I add messages EMMA 11 and EMMA 12 to this table, will it break BPEM functionality?

By adding the EMMA11 EMMA12 messages in suppression messages list ,EMMA functionality still works.

3. What happens if I add an error message that is used to generate a BPEM case category?

If you add the respective error message in suppression messages list, this message will be not taken in to account for generating case category.

Regards,

Riyas.