cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new adaptive RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) What is the best way to add a new RFC for an already existing project? Is it better to add it as a new model? Or is it better to include it in the existing model? I am using NW 7.01. I am worried about the bindings. It should not go missing as it would spoil the existing application.

2) Also, is a restart needed once we are adding a new RFC?

Thank you soo much for your inputs.

Regards,

Su

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. if you put the model in another dc, your binding won't be lost.

2. rfc cache can be manually cleared in server, so i think restarted is not needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you so much for the reply.

1) So, you mean to say that, I need to create a new DC for adding a new model. Ok. But, just out of curiosity, in case in further there are few more additions to the projects RFC, do we everytime create a new model? Will that be a good approach?

Best Regards,

Su.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you want to add a completly new RFC, u can do so by re importing the model. Your existing bindings will not be affected.

After you re import you need to restart the server.

This is what I do after every import.

Hope it helps,

Sattam

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bnsubn,

As John said, you need to create the new non-visual DC for model component to avoid any issue with existing model binding if any.

Once you create the New DC for model component >> add in the user component >> make delta link between model compoent to component controller . then make sure that you do not use model node directly in the project, use custom node in the component controller and populate the data as per you requirement and bind this custom nodes. it will helps you to reimport or delete/create model again if you wanted to user more RFC in it.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Answers (0)