cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the "Editing of connection entries" from the SAP GUI Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on SAP GUI 720 and my requirements are that the option "Disable editing of connection entries" should be uncheck and standard users should not be able to modify this settings.

It should be visible only to the administrator and only admin should to able to modify these entries.

As off now whats happneing is that even the standard users can modify the same

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Sanny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you referring to the SAP Logon PAD and you do not want users to modify the connection entries?

You should be made aware of 2 executables.

saplogon.exe and saplgpad.exe

Both can be found here. C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\

Your icons are probably pointing to saplogon.exe.

If you run the saplgpad.exe, that will grey out the options for users to modify or edt the connection entries. If you go to the same location an run saplogon.exe, the option is there to edit, modify and delete.

Regards,

Zecher

Edited by: Michael Zecher on Jun 23, 2011 3:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I do understand what you say but what I wanted to know is if we can make sap logon shortcut to behave as sap logon pad shortcut,so that a standard user cannot add/remove the system entries?

When we launch the sap logon shortcut and when we go to options we have some settings like "Disable editing of connection entries" but even if I check that option a standard user is able to add/remove the entries.

I hope my question is clear.I do know we can make use of sap logonpad instead but my requirments are I need to use sap logon shortcut to be used as sap logonpad?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

When that is changed, I see the flag in the registry which changes is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > SAP > SAPLogon > Options > NoEditFunctionality

The DWORD Value changes to 1 for not mofifiable while using the saplogon.exe.

Perhaps pushing that through a script or however you deploy registry changes. I just closed my saplogon.exe changed that DWORD to a 1 and re-opened. My options were grayed out. Perhaps that may assist you. You can still however go into the options then and modify that back. If you use the saplgpad.exe, that option is grayed out.

Regards,

Zecher