Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximum limit of milestones in one project

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend's,

My client requirement is to create 9000 thousand milestones in one project. Considering this how many Milestones we can create in one project.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any limit to create milestones.

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gokul.

If i do so, will system performance get affected?

Here i have refered sap note 206264 but that don't have milestone max. limit. Is there any related not available for milestone limits in one project structure.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Get in touch with your technical person & find out the limitations of MLST table & you should have your answer.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek - the point is how many milestones can be on one project - not in the tables

Sandeep - the Note talks about general guidance, obviously if you are using 9000 milestones then it will impact performance - I am assuming that a project using 9000 milestones would be considered as a large project and would have many WBS elements and NWA - close to the limits specified in the Note. Focus on the words in the note - plannable, manageable etc. I think you need to ascertain whether what the client requires is actually realistic. Lastly the best way is to map it in DEV and see if there are any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Virendra: I am aware, my response was to check the field definition in the table n to work out the permutations to get an idea. It should serve as a guideline when there is no documented limitation provided by SAP (atleast haven't seen in SAP Press PS book, SAP Note, SAP help etc).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure but i definitely think that system performance will get affected. This again depends on how many milestones you attach to a particular object viz., WBS, activity. In case you are planning to have only one milestone for a particular object your project structure will be too large and this will eventually cause system performance issues, as Virendra has already mentioned.

Why not think of some other alternative, keeping in mind your business process, to achieve this?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to All. For valuable inputs given.

We have used activities & activity elements to acheive this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Theurkar on Jul 4, 2011 12:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Yes is is possible to create 9000 milestone for a project but then it will increase the complexity of project as well as overall performamce of the system.

I suggest you to convince the client for alternate solution.

Regards

Prashant Patil

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

9000 milestones..!!! I think you are looking for milestone trend analysis

If it is for project progress may be you could consider some other progress analysis method.... (considering the efforts required to create and confirm all these milestones in the future, if they have got multiple project,..?

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no limit for no of milestones in a project.