cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELVRY03 IDoc Message Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario File -> XI -> IDoc. this is for Delivery Confirmation. the problem is that in my partner profile, the Message type is mentioned as SHPCON. and i map the same value(hard code) to field MESTYP in XI. when i execute it end to end, in R3 the idoc is recieved with errors saying <b>Partner profile inbound not available</b>.

I checked the IDoc control record data, it is displaying as DESADV which is not my message type.

when i create the IDoc with the same message type in R3, it works. Can anyone help me to find out the problem.

Any help wud b appreciated.

Thnx in Advance

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

as I mentioned in my first post, I am sure that you imported the wrong IDoc into the repository. When you import an IDoc, the system will give you a list of IDoc's plus message types in the form <b><Message Type>.<IDoc></b>. You must import SHPCON.DELVRY03 and use it in your scenario.

You probably use DESADV.DELVRY03 which has the same IDoc structure, but the adapter will send it out with the message type DESADV, no matter what you define in your message mapping.

Regards,

Claus

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

can you check which target interface you use in your message mapping / interface mapping. It has to be the IDoc SHPCON.DELVRY03. It sounds like your mapping is against the IDoc DESADV.DELVRY03.

Regards,

Claus

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to configure partner profile in

transaction WE20 (for inbound message)

for the partner that you're using

then the idoc will work

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I hav done the same thing in We20. i have given the message type as SHPCON. but the idoc is received as a message type DESADV. Any help?

Thnx.

Anil

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

you have to create the <i>Root Element</i> SHPCON. Best is to import the IDoc to IB and create an message mapping. Otherwise a lot manually work; strange errors to expect

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Can u plz explain a bit in detail.

the value SHPCON goes into the field MESTYP as a part of the EDI_DC40 segment. how can i create a root element for SHPCON? can u plz explain.

Thnx

Anil

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

did you import the IDoc to IB Repository?

You can download a XML Schema (*.xsd) there, you can validate your mapping result with that schema. If you want to have IDoc SHPCON in R/3, than you must send a XML message what is corresponding with that schema.

Do you use a Message Mapping?

Because of drag and drop functionality it is recommantable to us MM in case of XI->R/3 IDoc traffic. The mapping itself validates the result for the schema. You will notice errors very early during design time.

By default the EDI_DC40 fields will be overwritten from IDoc Adapter. Dont care about them. There are only some special cases, where you can use that fields.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

>>>did you import the IDoc to IB Repository?

Yes. i imported the IDoc.

>>>If you want to have IDoc SHPCON in R/3, than you must send a XML message what is corresponding with that schema.

The IDoc has to be DELVRY03. but the message type has to be SHPCON which updates the Delivery. And this is sent using MESTYP.

>>>Do you use a Message Mapping?

Yes.

Any Info.....?

Thnx

Anil