cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Iview not working in other EP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a Webdynpro Application and have created an Webdynpro Iview of it in the development Enterprise Portal and its working fine.

But when I transport the webdynpro Iview to Quality system and view it, I get the following error:

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.core.DispatcherException: The requested deployable object 'sap.com/hello' and application 'HelloWorldApp' are not deployed on the server. Please check the used URL for typos.

Exception id: [00215E02DB43007D000000230009504A0004A65D31E0ED80]

The reason for this error according to me is (correct me if am wrong):

In NWDS when I right click on the NWDS application and select "Deploy new archive and Run" it gets deployed on the J2EE server of Development system only (We have maintained a separate J2EE server for Quality System).

Is there any configuration that can allow the deployment of the Webdynpro Application on all the J2EE servers when "Deploy new archive and Run" is selected.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Shruti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

If ur getting N/A then the system is down or you have not configured the NWDS SAP J2EE engine properly.

Most of the times it would be issue with the message server port. From System info you can get the correct port: http://<host>:<port>/monitoring/SystemInfo

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the host name would be different, you should be able to point to the QA J2EE Engine using the host name and message server port of QA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Yes, I am able to ping to the Quality System fron my desktop and I have taken the Message Server Host and Messgae Server Port from http://<Host>:<Port>/monitoring/SystemInfo on Quality system.

The same settings are working fine for Development but not from Quality.

Message Server Port for Development and Quality System is the same in my case.

Please Help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Shruti.

Edited by: ShrutiNM on Jun 27, 2011 12:28 PM

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only reason I can think of right now is that you are not using the FQDN of the Message Server Host, but only the hostname

Use the FQDN, or modify your hosts file so the hostname can be resolved

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

As you have check the message server host and port for the quality system.

Try to ping the message server host at Start > Run > CMD > ping <<QA Host Name> , you will get the IP address for the QA System.

Now open the host file in your system : Start > run > drivers > etc > host file, open it and add new line for QA system like

IP Address of QA Host Name of QA

Then check the SAP AS JAVA entries in the NWDS and open the J2ee Engine to check the server status NWDS windows > show view > others > find SAP j2ee engine

If the still see the errror message then check the error log : NWDS windows > show view >> others > PDE Runtime >> Error log.

How it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After I have changed the Message Server Port and Message Server Host to that of Quality, In J2EE Engine tab at the bottom Right it displays "N/A" under Remote Engine even though the Port and Host are correct.

If suggest if any other setting needs to be done.

Thank you,

Regards,

Shruti.

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to ping the message server hostname? Are you sure there's no firewall between your desktop and the Q env?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shruti,

You will get in given path :

http://<Host>:<Port>/monitoring/SystemInfo on Quality system

Both Message server Host and Message server port are given at the very first 2*2 table on upper left corner....

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrutni,

It seems your application has references to other assembly public parts.

In this case, the local Deploy new archive and run option will not work, and you should always use the Development Component > Build / Deploy option instead

Best,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

My webdynpro Application is geting Deployed and Run in Development J2EE server properly.

But the same application is not getting Deployed and Run in Quality J2EE server.

I perform the following steps:

1) Goto Window --> Preferences --> SAP J2EE Engine

2) Change the Message Server Host and Message Srver Port to that of Quality J2EE Server.

When I right click on the Webdynpro Application and Click on "Deploy new archive and

Run"(It does not ask me for SDM Password for Quality Server), I get the following error:

Jun 27, 2011 10:00:17 AM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR: [001]Deployment aborted Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

Please help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shruti,

In NWDS goto Window -> Show View -> J2EE Engine.

If you are not able to find J2EE Engine there...then click on other and select J2EE Engine. You will find it under J2EE folder.

Now open the view J2EE Engine.

This view you will found in lower right panel of your NWDS.

Once opened...refresh the view and see if your Quality server is in Green mode there or not.....

If not then your J2EE engine is not configured properly for Quality system.

i.e. Under Window -> Preferences -> J2EE engine....you might have given wrong entries.

verify and revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

The NWDS acts very strangely at times. Even after configuring the server properties for deployment in NWDS, when you try to deploy your application, that error comes up. Deploy again and it should work. If that doesn't work, try closing and reopening NWDS and deploy. I've faced the issue 100s of times, and it always deploys the second time.

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use NWDI for Web Dynpro development.

NWDI has all those features ur looking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

deleted

Edited by: Saurabh Agarwal on Jun 23, 2011 2:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Isn't there any configuration that can be done in NWDS which will allow me to deploy my Webdynpro Application in all the other J2EE systems when I click on "Deploy new archive and Run".

Thank you,

Regards,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think that is possible. You need to deploy application at each server one by one by following the same process.

You can do one more thing that is configure the detail of each server in the NWDI track and transport your code from one system to another.

Regards,

Vivek Saraogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

You are correct. You need to deploy the application to the Quality server also. For this you must have Server Host, Port and sdm password for the Quality server. Then you need to go to Windows --> Preferences --> SAP J2EE Engine and there you need to give Quality server host and port name and click Apply. Then you need to deploy the application. While deploying it will ask you for the SDM password of Quality Server. After entering the password press enter. Your application will get deployed on the Quality server.

Regards,

Vivek Saraogi