Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue on SAP Dealer Business Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Hope you are all doing fine. I would like to get your suggestions on the below scenario. Please find the Scenario details below.

Scenario:

I have created 3 test ids namely test_dbm1, test_dbm2 and test_dbm3 respectively. I have restricted authorization access based on company codes for those 3 test ids. For Eg:

test_dbm1 = 1000

test_dbm2=2000

test_dbm3=3000.

As per the given authorization the user is able to perform Vehicle creation and Vehicle Search activities for the assigned company code and plant.

Now, when I create a a vehicle record using /dbm/vm transcaction with test_dbm1 user ID, I am able to view the vehicle order creation in /dbm/vsearch transaction. Lets say that the vehicle order created is 00000695. However, when I login using test_dbm3 and search for the order using /dbm/vsearch I am getting an authorization error because I am not authorized to view the Vehicle order data of the company code 1000.

Business Scenario:

Say if 1000 is the company code of the place where a customer buys a vehicle and 3000 is the company code of the place where the customer is going for his Vehicle Service. Ideally the person working at CC 3000 should be able to see the vehicle order of the Customer which was created in 1000.

How do I go about this? Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can give display access for the users of CC 3000 on all CCs and users of CC 1000 create and change access on CC 1000 and display access on all CC's and similarly for users of CC 2000 create and change access and display on all CC's

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can give display access for the users of CC 3000 on all CCs and users of CC 1000 create and change access on CC 1000 and display access on all CC's and similarly for users of CC 2000 create and change access and display on all CC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to give display rights of CC 2000 and 3000 to ID test_dbm1, 1000 and 3000 to ID test_dbm2, 1000 and 2000 to ID test_dbm3. So they can see the data but cant change it.

Regards,

Nisit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrish,

Venkat and Nisit has explained you what you should do in order to fulfill your requirement.

Now as I am free for next half an hour, I have nothing to do, nothing to pass my time;), so I will explain you how you can achieve what Venkat and Nisit has explained.

Say if 1000 is the company code of the place where a customer buys a vehicle and 3000 is the company code of the place where the customer is going for his Vehicle Service. Ideally the person working at CC 3000 should be able to see the vehicle order of the Customer which was created in 1000.

As you must have maintained Organizational levels in the roles via tab available in change authorization data, the corresponding org. levels are also available in objects as fields, what you can do is you can find the object that has the field as Company code, create a copy of that object(by clicking on the copy icon) and in the copied object you can give display(03) access to the other company codes, which in your case is 1000.

I hope this might help you somewhat.

Cheers

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for your reply.

I created a new role with only one authorization object on which the Org Level Maintenance is done. I've given display access for the test_dbm1 for viewing other company codes data.

The problem that may arise is, the vehicle master data which is restricted to only that Company code should not be visible to users from other Company codes.

By going by the authorization suggestions you mentioned, don't you think the user test_dbm1 will now have the authority to view other company;s master data as well?

0 Kudos

But as per your requirement you wanted the user test_dbm1 to view other company's vehicle master data.

If you feel that there's a problem, if people are able to view other company's master data, then you can restrict those people at role -

Don't assign that role to the user whom you don't want to view other company's master data.

If you still have any doubt, please let us know.