cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel management problem in PR05 transaction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly need your help to solve my travel management problem in PR05 transaction code.

Problem 1:

I've input travel expense settlement in PR05 (travel expense manager) transaction code. After I finish input all of the expense types and save this transaction, the total expense amount on "reimbursement amount" field is different from the total expense that I've already input. After that, I continue to approve this transaction, settle this transaction in PREC transaction code, create posting run in PRFI transaction code, post the posting run in PRRW transaction code and the amount posted was the correct amount (the one I've input) not the amount that appeared on the "reimbursement amount" field on the initial screen of PR05 transaction code.

My question for this problem is, what cause the value on "reimbursement amount" field is different from the total amount that I input in PR05?

Problem 2:

The scenario is the same of the "Problem 1" above, but when I click the save button, the warning message "The trip to be saved entailed no costs" is showing up.

I click continue button, approve the trip, settle this transaction in PREC transaction code, create posting run in PRFI transaction code and Post posting run in PRRW transaction code. The amount is correct, it's not zero.

My question for this problem is, what cause the warning message "The trip to be saved entailed no costs" is showing up?

I would highly appreciate if someone can share their knowledge to solve this problem.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Bobbi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

I've checked the KBA that you suggested,

But my configuration is already the same as mentioned in that KBA.

Do you have any other suggestion regarding to this matter?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Bobbi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sally Redmond,

Thank you for your explanation.

Related to your answer for my first problem, could you please explain to me about the steps in "KBA - 1523821" because I've never heard about "KBA - 1523821" before.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Bobbi

0 Kudos

Hi Bobbi

KBA is a relatively new SAP phenomenen and means "knowledge based article" so for matters that do not require corrective instruction or would usually be considered as customizing or consulting, for certain known issues, we are creating such knowledge based articles that give more information on possible causes and solutions.

You can open the article in the much the same way you would the long text of a note, so the KBA cannot be applied as such! I'm not sure if this link works..but try!

https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3...

Hope it helps,

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

i've the same problem too..please help me

Edited by: BobbiOS on Sep 20, 2011 6:29 AM

0 Kudos

In relation to 1st problem

It very much depends on your customizing and whether you have receipts paid by company or reimburse to employee in terms of what is posted to FI.

In case you have incorrect customizing and receipts are marked as both "paid by company" and "reimburse to employee" you can check this following the steps in the KBA - 1523821, also if there are taxable and tax free portions of the expense - these needs to be assigned to different wage types too.

2nd problem) - are you using funds management by any chance? if so it could be that the trip to be saved does not entail any costs in its present form ..so no commitment is set up but then it correctly saves subsequently.

Also this is a new functionality from ERP2005 on. The estimated cost in plan and request are now included into fund management. So if you have active funds management, the entered estimated cost are used to make availability check and commitment. Therefore you must create an expense type in view V_T706B1. Under 'amounts are' you have to choose 'estimated cost, no reimbursement to employee'.

The error message will appear when there is no estimated cost entered in the trip.

The commitment item is triggered once a estimated cost is entered. If as in your case, there is no estimated cost that is why the message appeared Since there was no estimated cost entered before,you could not find the commitment item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody help me to solve my problem above...

thank you very much