cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate material create in E-sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've imported materials from the ERP system into SAP E-sourcing, no materials will be created in E-sourcing. How do I deactivate the material create option in E-sourcing?

The script to lock material create/post in E-sourcing is active but it doesn't deactivate the create button.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Precious,

Using toolbar customizations it is possible to hide the Create button from the toolbar. But since that toolbar is a global toolbar it will end up hiding the Create button everywhere in the application. I don't think that is something you would want

In that case I think the approach suggested above by MP should be the most suitable for your requirement.

Any other solution by other members would be helpful here.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

Security profiles should be used for this purpose; there is a "create" access right for Materials that can be disabled for all users.

Regards,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am no expert, but you could check under Security Profiles. Go to Setup->System Administration -> Security Profiles, click on your user profile(s) and go to Access Rights -> Master Data. If you make sure the "Create" rights are "Not Set", you should be able to achieve what you need. Pls note this is available in OD version 7, not sure which version you are on.

Please let us know is this works for you.

Thanks,

MP

Edited by: MP1234 on Jun 23, 2011 3:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One of the alternative approach I can suggest is making fields:DISPLAY_NAME_ID, EXTERNAL_ID and DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION_ID non editable in page customization. This would make sure that material could not be created in e sourcing.

I am not too sure if the Create button can be deactivated.

Regards

Mudit Saini