cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP input parameter Clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario to pass the input paramter to RFC and get the output list. What is the best way to do it?

Can any one please explain about the sync parameter as the load paramter concepts and steps??

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

This can be done and I did that a lot of times now. I know its not documented anywhere and even I tried to figure out for almost 3 days before I could achieve it.

Actually the process includes creating a synchronization parameter for an MBO and mapping it to input/import parameters on MBO and then mapping these synchronization parameters to screen elements.

Steps, considering a scenario where you want to display order details based on order number entered by user in a Edit box and on click on DISPLAYDETAILS button :

1. Create MBO using some RFC/BAPI

2. Go to properties and add synchronization parameters. May be you can prefix them with SV_ORDER just to understand that it is a synchronization parameter.

3. Then you need to map the synchronization parameter to the input parameters on the MBO. With that your MBO is ready and you can deploy it.

4. Now coming to device applicaiton, create a screen with a edit box and a button. Now go to button properties and there you can add various actions. One of the action is Sycnrhonize, select that and then it launches the wizard. In that wizard you need to map the edit box to the synchronization parameter SV_ORDER which you created in 2nd step.

5. Deploy the application and you are all set to go.

Synchronization parameters are explained in the official documentation -> http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01283.0152/doc/html/fre1269546165860...

Blog ->

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply. I have read this in one of your old reply. Now my question is

1. When i am creating Synchronjzation Parameter i should map that into one of the MBO attribute, if i didnt map that we can set the query limiting option. If we didnt select that option evertime when i click the button to retrive the list with new input value the old value also passed and that list also coming. how to avoid this??

2. In another case if i mapped the MBO attribute and i set this sync paramter as the load parameter, this will load the data from BE to CDB. Actual scenario of mine is search the backend table based on the input paramter and return the list. So based on the load parameter data will be loaded in the CDB. But the same time the synchronization parameter is mapped with the MBO attribute so when the data came to device will filter based on the sync paramter from CDB. So in my case no data came to device.

For EX.

BE Data -- 123,456,789

Load and Sync paramter - 5

Data loaded in the CDB - 456 (But my sync parameter was 5 so there is no match in the CDB so this will return the empty value)

What should i do for this???

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Please look at my other thread :

And for your second question, when you searched backend with 5 it would have considered as 5 and you got 456 into CDB. But synchronizaiton parameter 5 is not fetching 456 from CDB. Your query limiting should check for any value with 5 in it.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply. I want solution for my secomd question only. We cant give separate parameter for load and sync paramter right??

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

It is not mandatory to have a common Load & Synchronization parameters.

It is important to understand that load parameters are used to filter data coming from SAP Backend to CDB and synchronization parameters are used to filter data from CDB to Device application.

Please look at the following link: http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01283.0152/doc/html/fre1233688043792...

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if create the new load parameters how to configure that to an input field?

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The steps which I explained in my first reply was for load parameters. Its been a couple of months, I do not have access to SUP workspace and I forgot a bit of terminologies.

Please replace synchronization parameters with load parameters in my first reply. The steps actually explains how to create load parameters on top of MBO and how to map them to input parameters in a screen.

Let me know if you face any difficulties. Looks like, this is a most commonly faced issue and soon when I get SUP Workspace installation I will try to post a BLOG with screenshots.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply.

If the babi having input parameter will automatically created the load parameter for that Mobile Object. The problem was if i create the Synchronize operation this load parameter was not come in the list. If there is any sync parameter the only we can able to create the Synchroniza operation.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes you are correct. In a case where you want to download data from Backend based on some input field which is mapped to Importing parameters on RFC, then you need to map load parameters to sync parameters and then map sync parameters to input fields on device application.

But if you have a fixe set of importing parametrs on RFC, then you can provide default values and keep updating the cache in CDB based on some time interval. And on top of CDB values, you can have synchronization parameters or query based to filter values from CDB to device.

Based on either purely online or offline scenario, you need to take the decision.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamKumar,

First of all as er the concepts of

Synchronization Parameter : It is being used for filtering the data from the unwired server

Load Parameter : It is being used for filtering data data from the backend datasource.

In your case, you need to pass the screen field values to the backend data source as an input to the RFC enabled Function module. As you declared the RFC with the import parameter, you can see that the load parameter value get already created. Now during the process of MBO creation using the needed RFC, create as much synchronization parameters to the MBO as per the number of import parameters to the RFC (Choose the Developer Profile as Advanced). In the load parameters, link the created synchronization parameter to the load parameter. Then deploy the MBO to the Unwired server.

Now you are in the process of screen creation. Create a screen with as much editboxes as per RFC import paramters. Create a button, and create a Synchronization action for the button. During the creation of Synchronization action, configure the Synchornization Parameters to the edit box values. This will pass the edit box values to the backend RFC as import parameter values.

Hope this will clarify your doubts.

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rinzy,

Ya i know that load and sync parameter concepts. But my problem is load and sync paramter values cannot be same, so in this case the loaded from Backend to SUP might not be loaded to device. how to reslove this??

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

Did you create your RFC with the needed Import parameters and mention those parameters as input variables during the MBO creation ? If so the load parameter will be there and you can create you synchronization parameter and can link that to the load parameter.

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya.. I have done like that only. Actual scenario of mine is searching the Cutomer based on the input given by the user. If the user provide input as "abc" my RFC search all the customer contains "abc". If there any Customer Name contains "abc" will be loaded in the sup. From sup to moible again filter will happen based on the Sync parameter, now what happens it will search the Customer Name Exactly match to "abc". So it will failed and no data will come to Mobile.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rincy,

I am trying to develop a mobile application which talks to SAP backend and SUP middleware.

I am using MBOs and currently i have hard-coded (using default) values, the load parameters.

My requirement is to change this load parameter on run time, programatically, when user logs in.

Can you please provide me some guidance regarding this?

thanks,

Arihant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check the below link:

[Persist Action in Sybase Unwired Platform|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b08ed1fd-419f-2e10-769d-a989cbb4aaf6?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

This article will help you to understand the way of passing inouts dynalically to the RFC as its load parameter.

Thanks and regards,

Rinzy Deena Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would you do this in SUP 2.1?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls read this thread you may get the reply.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13424923#13424923

Thanks

Pankaj