cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Forecast from DP to SNP thro product split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing an issue with product split while releasing forecast from DP to SNP. We are using MC90 transaction to release forecast.

In the product split table the proportion maintained are as follows

Product:ZZZZ (which has forecast)

Split products:

X:0.79

Y:0.16

Z:0.05

In DP (thro cube) the forecast is loaded on product/location combination.

Calculation type:S

Time based disaggregation:P

Same in SNP PA also.

The bucket are in weeks (as per planning book)

We are releasing the forecast by using horizon i.e from date and to date

Forecast on ZZZZ:900 (for period P27/2011 which is from 04/07/2011 to 10/07/2011)

As per the split proportion

X should get:0.79*900=711

Yshould get:0.16*900=144

Z should get 0.05*900=45

Total:900

But when the release happens in the SNP book we see the below value

X:269

Y:135

Z:54

Total:458

Even if the allocation happens more to one product and less to another but aggregate at week should match to 900 which is released from DP which is not happening. With repect to master data we don't see any problem as with same set of data we tested in another system (quality) and there it's happening properly i.e at aggregate level it matches with 900.

Pls let me know your inputs.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for the reply. The split what i am telling is the one which you maintain in Tcode /SAPAPO/MC7B-Product split. When we release the forecast and if we maintain the source and target products (with proportion) for the required location, the forecast of source product will be split to target products as per the proportions maintained.

In the example what i have given soure product is ZZZZ (with forecast 900) and target products are X,Y and Z with proportions what i have given.

Regards

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the update. Iam not an expert on product split - thats why i got confused.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi i think you are talking about the peroid split /n/sapapo/sdp_split.If that is true then check the value maintained in the period split field . I think the value maintained there is causing this issue. Do an F1 help on that field and you will get a clear idea

Thanks

Aparna