cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VD51 - Message no. VS003 change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to maintain same cus.materil records to differnet material codes. T - code VD51.

Ex.

Mat.code cus.materi

1111 S1

2222 s1

system does not allow me to maintain same cus.materi record and getting a Message no. VS003.

i want to know how can change this message number to warning.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you delete or change the message and insert the same customer material for different material in your sistem, you have to know that you can't use the standard possibility to create a sales order using customer material and not your material because of a duplicate or triplicate (depending on the number of your own material conected with one customer material). I'm trying to make the modification (delete message or change from E to W) to see what is the result or eventually problems in creation of sales order using customer material.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In one of my earlier projects, a similar requirement has came. How I could succeed in that was I had asked the users to give some space before customer part number so that system will accept that and you could save.

This would be a genuine requirement from almost all auto component manufacturers.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has not provided a std mechanism to Edit messages for this message class.

You just have an option to delete the std message, however if you want to change it to warning you will have to change the std program calling it.

To delete it, goto SE91, put message class as VS and message number as 003 and click on Change.

Once inside, you may select the message and click on Delete.

Check out other implications before you proceed to delete it.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing what is logic behind giving same Material Code in Customer Material Info Record for different Material? What is your requirement?

Regards,

Dhananjay