cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue: Central Instance not utilizing full network resources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have experienced a problem regarding network usage by central instance.

At random times, even at peak load, SAP application server utilizing not more than 0.30%-0.35% of network resources, resulting in very poor performance.

As Primary observation, i have checked at operating system level that no other service/application is consuming network at that time.

Please help, how i can monitor/check and enhance the network resources utilization to the fullest for better performance.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Surjit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP application server utilizing not more than 0.30%-0.35% of network resources, resulting in very poor performance.

To be honest with you I can't see the network to been the performance issue unless you have serius trouble with network latency or maybe your system been located in a remote location.

You can check the average GUI time (in milliseconds) in ST03N, then you can make conclutions on if the info travelling to the frontend is been compromised because of network issue.

Also, usually comunication in between the instances should be based on a private fast VLAN to allow free traffic in between them

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Juan .....for clearing my false assumptions....

Regards

Surjit

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the performance of the system is poor and same you can check from St03n & St02 then you need to adjust profile parameters of the system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

no such issue found in st02, st03n or st06.

Most of the profile parameters are configured to best possible configuration with almost 128GB of physical memory and more than 231GB of swap space availability.

But problem is still there, not regularly but at random times, Application server goes slow drastically(shows network utilization 0.30% only).

and after the restart, everything start working fine(network utilization goes up to 1% to 2% almost).

any idea??

Regards

Surjit