cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Transport hung up on "Running" status

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a transport route from DEV to QAS ECC system where transports released from DEV gets moved to import queue of QAS and are automatically imported every 15 minutes. Since early this morning, transports are going into the import queue of QAS system but it fails to import. The transport import screen (as viewed from stms) shows that import is running with the truck icon. The process gets hung up on u201Crunningu201D with small truck icon..

I tried several things that included cleaning up the import queue and reimporting again one at a time but that did not work.

I also tried by killing tp.exe, deleting the running job from import monitor and reimporting again but nothing worked out. TPSTAT table has several rows of data but TRJOB and TRBAT seems to be empty. I already restarted the server and SAP instances few times.

I will greately appreciate any thoughts on this issue.

Thanks

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arju,

We recently had this issue.

Have you checked the TMS alert viewer .. if not check it first .. and check the tp system log ..

if you find any thing like <SID>.LOB file is being used or something like that .. rename it ..

in /usr/sap/trans/tmp rename TST.LOC (TST is your test system SID) ..

check these tables TMSTLOCKR and TMSTLOCKP .. if anything is there .. delete those entries.

Now clear the buffer and manually add the requests and import them

.. before doing all these thing deschedule the auto import job and once the issue is resolved reschedule it .

It really works .. main thing is TST.LOC file .. rename it ..

Thanks,

Deepthi Kuchimanchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepthi

Thanks for the very useful resource. Interestingly, I could not see the .loc files inside the tmp folder. My colleague fixed it by creating a new tmp file. Old tmp folders has about 15 files with different extensions. Most of them have .SID (System SID) extension. But I was curious about not seeing lock file.

Thanks