cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I automatically set a WBS user-status via a business tx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you set a WBS user-status indirectly (automatically) via a business transaction (from OK02)? Is it as simple as going to the specific business transaction and marking it as "allowed" and checking "set"?

Further question - Is it possible to configure "custom" business transactions in transaction OK02. How would this integrate with CJ20n, etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you set a WBS user-status indirectly (automatically) via a business transaction (from OK02)? Is it as simple as going to the specific business transaction and marking it as "allowed" and checking "set"?

No, Read sap help for further clarification. You can set user status automatically by Z development. search for a suitable Bapi.

>

> Further question - Is it possible to configure "custom" business transactions in transaction OK02. How would this integrate with CJ20n, etc.

It is SAP standard, Better do not think of creating a Business Transaction. Any way it is not in OK02, where as you could see in <removed>

Edited by: Nathan Genez on Jun 23, 2011 7:41 AM

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

User status for a WBS can be set automatically by using workflows, for one of the clients we have done this. This also depends from client to client. what happens is once a workflow is triggered in one user-status and while completing workflow the user status cahnges to next user status

Thanks

regards

kishore

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kishore - is the workflow standard, if not development is required

Anand - user status can be set automatically only if you configure it in relation to another system status in OK02. For example you can create a user status called ZINI (Initial) and in OK02 for business transaction "Created" use the set radio button. This means that when you create the project object which has the status profile ZINI will be automatically set. Other than this you will need some form of development as per Abdul and Kishore's posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs, great information.

Virendra - Your answer was precise in terms of what I was trying to understand.

For those interested, below is what I was trying to accomplish without custom development.

One of our user-status's has restricted authorizations (via B_USERSTAT), such that only few folks can set it manually. However, this status authorization requiremet is only really applicable during the initial phase of the project. During the subsequent life-cycle, there is no authorization requirement and we want the folks adding WBS's to be able to set the user status (but cant because of the authorization in place). I was looking to see if we can configure an existing/new business transaction that would set this user status indirectly (since business transactions are not subject to the B_USERSTAT check). Of course, this business transaction should not be allowed initially (I am asuming some sort of state transition rules would apply).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can set a User Status automatically. User statuses are manually defined and manual intervention is required to set it.