Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMPLE MANAGEMENT PROCESS

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

After creating inspection lot for physical sample (inspection type:15)

what are the process involved till the end

whether this material will be posted as original material in stock if it is approved

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

our friend FF has caught exact requirement of yours and give fine explanation over it.

What you should do in T codes is........

Create a sampling procedure, with Sample management (you can use the same one that you have created to clear that inspection lot of origin 15, in your last thread)

Create a sample drawing procedure QPV2

Create an inspection plan, QP01 where at the header level you should assign the inspection point for Physical Sample.

Assign the Sample Drawing Procedure (SDP) also.

At MIC level, assign the Sampling procedure.

Now whenever inspection lot with origin 01,04,08 ...... will be created for this material, you should assign above inspection plan to this lot, then go to Sample tab in inspection plan and get the status of inspection lot as REL.

Save it and then you can see Samples are created for this inspection and in result recording you will record result against Physical samples.

Regards,

Shyamal

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

Thank you for the reply

My client requirment is

1.once the sample has approved by QM they want to put it into stock as a original material

2.Want to attache a document to a sample number

3.want to get a report on the sample

Dear shyamal from you answer

Now whenever inspection lot with origin 01,04,08 ...... will be created for this material, you should assign above inspection plan to this lot, then go to Sample tab in inspection plan and get the status of inspection lot as REL.

I didn't understand this concept as i am new to this

as we can make inspection to the sample lot size(for the physical sample) what is the need to go for above said details

pls help to clear this concept

thank you

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

1.once the sample has approved by QM they want to put it into stock as a original material

Does it means you don't want to post the GR till the sample is approved?

If yes then I will surrender, I have not come across such scenario and I don't think that System will allow to create inspection lot w/o posting the goods receipt.

But

What you can do is, you can create a manual physical sample and inspection lot for that sample (Same as you did in ur last post, regarding inspection lot with 15) And after Valuating the inspection lot of 15 only you post the goods receipt.

By this what I wanted say is,

Pre-Requisites:-

1. In material master activate respective inspection type, with Task List assignment.

2. Create a Sample Drawing Procedure (QPV2)

3. Create a Sampling Procedure (QDV1)

4. Create Inspection plan for the material, assign the Sample Drawing procedure at Header level & Sampling procedure at MIC level.

Now

When ever you will post GR ,,,,

Against Purchase Order then system will create inspection lot with inspection type 01

Against Process Order then system will create inspection lot with inspection type 04

Perform Stock Posting then system will create inspection lot with origin 08

Here to any one of the scenario, go to QA02 for the inspection lot and assign the Inspection lot and then Go to Sample tab and click on Sample button,

Here system will calculate the Sample Size and will create the Physical Samples Automatically (No need to create them manually)

then Go ahead with Result recording and UD.

The moral is, the inspection will be carried out against Physical samples only.

Regards,

Shyamal

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal

Thank you for the details answer

now i am very much clear the concept what you are telling,but my requirment is different for that i think i will come with a new thread subject:New vendor sample

hope your advice on this

Faisal

Edited by: Muhamed Faisal on Jun 24, 2011 1:46 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, when you inspect a physical sample using an inspection type 15 you are only inspecting the sample. It has no link to any stock.

We usually don't inspect the sample. Using sample management means that you create physical samples when you generate and 04 inspeciton lot, or 01, or 08, etc.... The physical samples are given numbers and tracked in SAP. Sample labels can be printed out.

When insepcting an 04 inspection lot you should see actual physical sample numbers in the inspection lot in QE51n when you go to record resutls. You should be recording specific results against specific sample numbers.

FF