cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help in Interactive Adobe Form for more then one field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently I'm developing an Interactive Adobe Form coupled with Web Dynpro that will copy functionality of a certain standard Dynpro application. One of the requirements is to create field input help that would modify one dependent field on value help execution.

In back-end this functionality is often implemented by 'AT VALUE REQUEST' blocks' . Sequential input is impossible, because both fields make a key in one of the used tables.

Can library standard input help button be configured to retrieve value for more then one field?

Can value request event made by standard input help button be caught and handled in Web Dynpro Controller?

If not, can this be done by value selector or free programmed search help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amith , your answer was helpful.

I decided to create to create a Free Text search help instead, which solved my problem.

Basically what it does, is requires creation of a new WDR component that can later be reused in you original application as pop-up. This pop-up raises an event in my original WDR component that allows me to get selected data from pop - up and update as many context node attributes as I need.

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this purpose, you could use OVS in ABAP Web Dynpro..

This way, you could set multiple dependent fields based on the value selection.. Like, for instance, get the Department Names on value selection of Department ID..

Regards, Amith