Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change object original language in ESR?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've imported a third party software component in my ESR. It has a preconfigured integration for it's own tool with SAP ECC. There are a lot of mappings, data types, BPMs, etc...

The problem is when I open for example a Message Mapping I get the following warning:

Original language Spanish for current object collides with permitted display or editing languages EN; contact your system administrator.

This happens because the developer has created the objects in his own PI in Spanish, but I want to have them in English.

I've tried to copy the object to generate a new one in English, but the copy still conserves the language issue... How can I solve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

You can open the Software component, check to the Original object, save. Open again and change the original language.

Regards,

Thien Duong

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't have to export the objects again. You can open the objects in edit mode in ESR, then select the object menu -> properties. Here you can set language English. You would need to do this for all objects though. When you save and activate the original language for the objects should be updated.

Br,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask the developer to log into ESR using english language and then export the object again.

You can also ask him to open ESR, select the object being edited and change the "Display Language". But it will also require the object to be exported and imported again.