SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Lot Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Suppose I have posted an open item on 25.03.2011 against which I have received the payment on 05.04.2011 and cleared the open item.Now the posting period for March,2011 is closed.

On 10.04.2011, the payment doc is returned and Return Lot is posted.Now the cleared item has to be re-opened again which has posting date=25.03.2011 for which posting period is already closed.

Whether standard SAP will allow to post the Return Doc or I need to enhancement in event 0062 or any other, where I need to write logic for opening the posting period?

Thanks in Advance,

Banasri

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to write any logic for opening the posting period.Standard SAP functionality caters this requirement.

So , in your example, 10.04.2011 is the date on which the payment dishonor happened and subsequently the dishonored document got posted.

So, the clearing of the payment with the dishonored document happens on the current month and so there will be no issues,as the posting period of the current month is always open.

However, if you requirement is to post the dishonored document at a past date say on which the payment happened which falls in last month, then it will create issues with the posting and you need to write some code to skip the posting period.

However, that is not recommended from a reconciliation prespective.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I am posting the Return Lot in current financial year only and not opening the posting period for that purpose.

When the return document will re-open the cleared document which was outstanding, the actual posting date of the re-opened item is in past year for which posting period is already closed.And as I know standard SAP will not allow to re-open the item unless I open that posting period in run time.

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

Hi,

When the dishonor document is posted to the account, there is no change in the posting date of the payment document which it offsets, only the clearing date changes. So there are following two things which happen-

(a) The link b/w the original debt document and the payment document breaks. However, the breaking of this link does not have any affect on the posting date of either of these two document and they still they remain the same, i.e. of previous month.

So no posting happens at this stage. and now there are two open items-one debit and one credit item on the account.

(b) The dishonored document that gets posted on the current month clears the payment document. So, a posting happens and simulatneously a clearing happens and both the dates falls on the current month.

Unless and until the posting period of the current month is closed, there should not be any issue with the processing of the returns.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Yes that is true.

My qustion is for option A whether standrd SAP even allows re-opening of the item of which posting date lies in the period for which posting period is closed.

Thanks,

Banasri

0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard SAP allows to post a return of a payment document where the payment document clears a receivables which was posted in last financial year for which the posting period is already closed. No enhancement is required for this process.

According to your requirement since the return document will be posted in the current financial year where posting period is already opened, return document will be successfully posted.

If you are going to post any document for closed posting period, SAP does not allow that. As long as you are only breaking the linking between a receivable and payment document and posting is happening in a open posting period, SAP will allow this process.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

Edited by: NirmalyaC on Jun 23, 2011 3:04 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks Nirmalya and Amlan!!

0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am getting some error while posting in Returns lot in SAP FICA

Please guide me what could be the solution