cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External window not opening up when not connecting through VPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created web dynpro application with 2 views, main view opens second view in external window. All this works fine when am working from and connected through VPN. When I am not connected through VPN and just start web dynpro application by typing URL of main page in the browser, and then click on button on main page that opens up my external window, the external window opens up with error "Internet Explorer cannot display the page"! Are there any settings in explorer that I should be aware of? I am using IE8.0. Could someone please provide any information on this?

Thanks.

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I first thought that this is to do with FQDN. That is not explaining why only the external window is not working. I am not sure if IE filter settings need to be relaxed and again it works with VPN. So I am still going to ask you to look Ito the direction of FQDN and IE filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskaran and everyone for the replies. I was not familiar with FQDN and did some reading on net but still not sure what settings I should be looking at. It is strange that my main window opens up fine but having problems with only external window. Here is the URL example I use to open external window

HTTP://servername(example cgunxNNN).NA.XXXXXXX.XXXX:8001/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zwda_display_info.

What filters can I set on IE side? I have done lot of research on SDN but could not find the solution yet.

Thanks.

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

The filter i meant was in IE "Enable XSS FIlter" which is disabled in my browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

XSS filter is already enabled in my browser. Is there any FM to get fully qualified domain name of SAP server? I did research but no luck yet.

Thanks.

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the url of external window. If you can ping the address it must be avaible to you. Or you can check it is same as first window.