cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubts about PI

edgar_almonte
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello , in the near future mybe i will need use sap PI and one the they almost sure requeriment i will have is load data from a non-sap system and upload to sap ( doing some post using bapi_acc_document_post ) , is a process that already done using a program developed by me running in a background job , the program read a txt file delimet by "|" this file have diferent name by company and date something like COMPANYCODE_DATE.txt so my question is :

I can read plain text file using pi and upload/complete to the business process in sap ?

is a macro way what are the step and topic that i need learn about PI that will help me complete with this task?

Thanks in advanced

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>I can read plain text file using pi and upload/complete to the business process in sap ?

>what are the step and topic that i need learn about PI that will help me complete with this task?

You can use file adapter to read the file and thru RFC adapter you can load/post in SAP system

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

edgar_almonte
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained above you can use file adapter where it uses conversion parameters to convert your source file to XML -->then map accordingly in PI --> Use receiver RFC adapter to reach your target.

Regards,

Naveen.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I can read plain text file using pi and upload/complete to the business process in sap ?

>> is a macro way what are the step and topic that i need learn about PI that will help me complete with this task?

Sender side you might have to use FCC (File content conversion) using File adapter. Receiver side: Idoc or proxy or RFC

So search sdn for fcc sender and idoc/proxy/RFC reciever side scenarios. you will be fine.