cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIQ causes a cyclic restart gets an exit code of 666

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We attempted to process a large file in PIQ and the file is so large that it causes a cyclic restart. Meaning that the java stack gets an exit code of 666 that causes the Java stack to restart and then it immediately gets an exit code of 666 that causes the Java stack to restart. I need to find a way to force it out of the cycle. I would like to know how to force it to skip this message or to somehow kill the process. Any ideas? We donu2019t care about whether it can process the file or not, we just want it to stop. We will figure another way to process large files.

Can any one please suggest me on this best approach...

Thanks,

Siva..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Normally this happens when out of memory occurs in your server.Go through the note 1289240 which explains you how to deal with out of memory's.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carry out the OSS note 994433. It has the steps required to prevent PI messages from blocking the Java stack startup.

[Note 994433 - XI AF on J2EE Engine terminates with OutOfMemoryError|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=994433]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for ur note...

I can restart the java stack, but it will almost immediately go into a restart and eventually hang. The problem is that the really large file is causing it to get a exit code 666 and then it restarts and then it gets an exit code 666 and then it restarts and then it eventually hangs. This is what I have been describing to you. What I originally asked was how to force it to stop.

please advice me on this...

Thanks,

Siva..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note describes how to remove the messages causing the OOM.

You can also use the note below specifically for stopping the file adapter, and then remove manually the messages from the database (which can also be seen on the note 994433).

[Note 1395622 - Change the startup mode for PI 7.1 JDBC & File JEE services|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1395622]