cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing work time for shipping points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently our system assumes 24 hr working time for shipping points. We are planning to change this to use specific work times so that confirmations are not made after the shipping pt cut off time for a particular day.

We were trying to do an impact analysis to check what else this may affect . If anyone has gone through this exercise before , can you please let me know the possible impact areas that I may need to consider.

Regards,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Harikrishnan... If you are not posting any delivery in advance then there should not be nay problem. I remember a scenario where we were posting delviery for saturday and system was picking monday's date because shipping point calander was showing saturday sunday off. I hope you get my message behind this. Please check your requirement in advance. I don't think there will be any problem once u r sure abt yr scenarios.

Best Luck!

Thanks

DK:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou all. This is exactly what we are trying to achieve. For the identified shipping points, if the cut off time is over, the delivery should wait till next working day. We will be implementing this only for select shipping points. We realized that some BDC programs that updated schedule lines on orders had to be changed and it was not selecting schedules based on time , but just the date. I was trying to find out if there is any other such impact areas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Going forward to Dwarkesh's solution you may also need to consider loading and pick/pack times. If people are not available for loading and pick/pack during weekends and delivery created and loaded in a truck should continue to its destination regardless of it being a weekend.

You may have to maintain a separate factory calendar for you shipping point which would be 24/7/365 and different calendar for other activities, by defining proper working times, shift times, etc.

You may achieve this by using Delivery Scheduling and Transportation Scheduling, Route Determination and Route Schedule Determination.

Regards,

Amit