Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit to update characteristic attributes in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having one queer requirement.

We are having variant configuration. We are manufactiuring a material which is having lenght as one of the characteristic.

While creating the sales order the user will enter the value against length. This we have to pull in the inspection lot with range.

For ex. if the length required by customer is 1000 mm then depending upon the tolerance limit say +/-1.5 %, another characteristic should get updated with the allowed range (here in this example the lower range 985 and upper range 1015) against another characteristic.

This characteristis will sever as class characteristic for QM master inspection characteristic.

Here the problem is the functionality can't be mapped with object dependency in satandard SAP (you can't derive range with object dependency), so I am looking for user exit to update the second characteristic depending upon the value of first characteristic and allowed percentage.

The user exit should be effective for sales order creation as well as sales order change.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming you created cstic LEN = length, and TOL = tolerance, you have LEN = 1000 and TOL = 1.5 (actually +/-). Do you have another cstic (only one) for the range, say RANGE ? Or, are you looking for two cstics, say. RANGE_LOW, and RANGE_HIGH to cover the minimum and maximum tolerance limits? Please reply if I am deviating from your requirement.

-Nikhil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

I am looking for the tolerance limit to upadte against one char only and not two separate chars.

If the range is against only one char (and that too again in numeric format and not characteristic format) same shall can be pulled against master inspection characteristic in inspection lot.

Looking forward for the soution.

Mimiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please help me in this issue.

Mimiri