cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII Data Services, Data Servers, ServerURL field character limit?

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to connect SAP MII 12.1.0 Build(201) to an Oracle RAC using the ServerURL:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = XXXXX1)(PORT = 1521))(ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = XXXXX2)(PORT = 1521)))(LOAD_BALANCE = yes)(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME =

YYYYYYY)(FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT)(METHOD = BASIC)(RETRIES = 10)(DELAY = 5))))

I have tried with classes12.jar and oracle-jdbc14.jar JDBC drivers.

And I'm getting the message: "Unknown error ocurred; no message was provided" and I was wondering if this data server field (ServerURL) has some character limit or something that may be causing this error?!

Thank you all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This problem was solved after applying MII SP's and after doing some firewall configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

I did a test on the MII version 12.1.8 and works fine. I believe that if you apply the patches on the SAP MII, it will work.

Regards!

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, Thiago. The patches will be applied this noon, after this I will come back and update.

Kind Regards,

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the XMII_SERVERPROP table you should have up to 500 characters.

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Thank you for the update.

Any clue regarding the "Unknown error ocurred; no message was provided" error when trying to save the data server with a large connection string due to an Oracle RAC connection?

Unfortunatelly I can't access nwa to check log's until now. I'm trying to gain this access with the client.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

Your version of MII is the original Ramp Up version. You are on 12.1.0 and MII is now at 12.1.8. Please either go through the upgrade process or review the notes to see what was fixed in the newer releases.

I think the upgrade is the way to go, but it is up to you.

Regards,

Mike

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update, Michael. Our basis team will perform the upgrade process asap.

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Guys, our basis team applied 7 MII SP's and we are now running 12.1.7 and I still can't connect to an Oracle RAC.

My actual scenario is:

- MII 12.1.7, no more character limit error. Now I can edit and save a data source succesfully.

- Tried classes12.jar and oracle-jdbc14.jar JDBC drivers.

- Connection string:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ora-dvt052-01)(PORT = 1521))(ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ora-dvt052-02)(PORT = 1521)))(LOAD_BALANCE = yes)(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME =

srn_dvt052_001)(FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT)(METHOD = BASIC)(RETRIES = 10)(DELAY = 5))))

... the data source do is in "Error" status and I can see those lines at NWA logs:

- Unable to get a connection from the pool

- Created Connection pool [jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ora-dvt052-01)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=]:

Please note that in the line above the connection string is not complete in the log entry. I'm not sure if the log only shows some X first characters or if MII is really truncating the data source connection string.

... Any idea?! Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Costa,

I believe that to use this type of connection you need to be installed on the server, the JDBC OCI libraries, see the link below to download.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html

For the type of driver "thin" so we use

jdbc:oracle:thin:@hammer1:1521:ORC1

For the type of driver "OCI" so we use

jdbc:oracle:oci8:@database_name or jdbc:oracle:oci:@hammer1:1521:ORC1

References:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Connectors/IDBCConnector.htm

http://w2.syronex.com/jmr/edu/db/oracle-and-java

http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=4891#15342

If you put a string above the allowed error occurs. The max is 200 characters.

Hope this help.

Danilo Santos