cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use differrent Transaction Types within Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring Service Desk for Incident Management and Test Management. I want to use different transaction types for these processes. In DNO_CUST04 it is only possible to enter 1 Transaction Type. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is possible please visit the SPRO Service desk----->multi transaction type handling and perform the task

Specify Message Types

1. Double-click PROCESS_TYPE.

By default, the transaction type SLFN is displayed. This transaction type is the transaction type that is used integrated in SAP Solution Manager, that is, if you create messages in other functions, such as Business Process Monitoring or Solution Manager projects.

2. Proceed as follows:

If you want to use a different transaction type, replace the transaction type SLFN with the required transaction type.

If you want to use several transaction types, create a new entry using the New Entries pushbutton and enter the relevant data:

- User name: blank

- Field name: PROCESS_TYPE_ADD

- Sequence number: a sequential number (1, 2, 3...)

- Description: as required

- Field value: transaction type

Repeat the steps for all other transaction types you require. Increment the sequential number in each case.

3. Save your entries.

Classify Transaction Types

4. Use the input help to choose which transaction type you want to use (transaction types in PROCESS_TYPE and PROCESS_TYPE_ADD).

5. For each transaction type, select the category:

Standard: You are using the normal Service Desk.

Software Partner: You are a developer of SAP add-on software and receive your problem messages from SAP.

Service Provider: You operate a Service Desk for several customers.

Business ByDesign: You operate a Service Desk for customers with the product SAP Business ByDesign.

6. Save your entries.

Hope resolved ur problem

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I am aware of the possibility as you mention, but I want to use Transaction Type ZTFN when I create a message in STWB_WORK and TT ZLFN when I use Notif_create or Help --> Create Support Message.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mansol

If you goto spro the path i have mentioned go through the IMG documentation it explains how to do that.

you just create a transaction type as you need

goto dno_cust04 and add that their as mentioned in IMG

Hope it clarifies your doubt

regards

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U could add more entries for "PROCESS_TYPE" and attach additional Transaction Types.

-Pj