cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO continuous production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has any one used Continuous production in APO. We need the finished and semi FG order to overlapp (not manual drag and drop in planning board)

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer SAP Notes: 584204 Planning Standard Lots for Continuous I/O.

Thanks,

nandha

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

Do you have a specific doubt or is the topic about how to set up the scenario?

To setup the scenario:

Basically, you have to assign a Distribution Key to the Production Version (C223) of the Products which are to have continuous output and define a Distribution Key for the components that are to have continuous input in the BOM.

When you send the source of supply to APO, field "I/O Scheduling" for the continuous products will be filled as "Continuous With Offset".

Then, you can use heuristic SAP_PP_C001 to plan using conti i-o.

In the Product View, Elements tab, you can display fields "Continuous Scheduling Date" and "Continuous Scheduling Time". For a Receipt element, Cont. Sched. Date is the date in which the product starts being available. For Requirements elements, Cont. Sched. Date is the date in which the requirement ends (e.g. when the whole quantity needs to be available). On APO, we do not display many elements for a same order like we do on ECC.

Also in the Product View, when using continuous i/o, open menu Settings -> User Settings and go to tab "Product 1". There, set the flag "Distributed Qties". Then, adopt the changes and go to tab Quantities. Instead of seeing the production in steps, you will see curve where the cumulated receipts overlap the cumulated demands most of the time.

On APO, the quantity is distributed through the duration of the produce activity, so if the produce activity in the source of supply of the finished product is much longer or much shorter than the produce activity in the source of supply of the component, the orders will not overlap throughout the whole production.

One more information is that planning too many products with conti i-o has a really bad impact in performance on APO (e.g. liveCache takes a lot of time to calculate dynamic pegging).

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from flag of Distribution key" in production version, make sure that you have flagged distribution key in global settings also.

IMGAPOGATPGeneral settingsMaintain Global Settings for Availability Check--ATP buckets.

Thanks

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I donot know whether this will helps you.

Can you check the settings defined in the strategy profile under " strategy parameters for dep objects"

Cross order relationship

Thanks,

nandha