cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deleting a Lookup Taxonomy field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a main table Products and there is a field Manufacturer which is a Lookup Taxonomy field. When I try to delete the field there comes an error stating 'The field cannot be deleted until references to it in Family Hierarchy are removed'. But in data manager there exists no data for that table. Even in the other mode I have checked whether there exists any relationships. There seems to be nothing, still I can't able to delete that field. Please help!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

I feel you have defined a Family table in your repository. This family table is referring to this taxonomy field. To resolve this, try below steps:

1. Open MDM Console and login to the repository.

2. Once connected to the repository, click on the repository name, Search for the "Families" table in the Tables Sub-window on right hand side, and check the family field.

3. If the family field is manufacturer Lookup taxonomy field, then delete the family table.

4. Delete the lookup taxonomy field from the main table.

Hope this will solve your issue. Revert with the result..

- Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

That helped me:):) Thanks a lot !

Rgds,

Thamizharasi N

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamizharasi,

Please de-link the Attribute in the Taxonomy Table and before that de-associate the attribute values if any maintained in Main Table of the repository.

Once you do this, then your problem should be resolved.

BR

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

Let me just confirm my understanding,You have a lookup Taxonomy table created and it has class and attributes.

Is the attribute you are refering to linked to any class?

Try unlinking the attribute from that particular class.

Also,check if there any blank record created in MDM.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply. There are no records or attributes or any kind of links. I have deleted all the records that I have created. Still am getting the error.

Thanks,

Thamkizharasi N