cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating the processing of FTP file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are using a FTP file adapter to connect to a external file server to download some response files. We do a listing to search and download set of files starting with specified file name schema. We have an issue that the client complains that occasionally a 1) CWD and 2) PASV command is not followed up by its corresponding 3) NLST command. The result is the data port that the server decides to open as a result of the PASV command is not closed since it wasn't actually used. As this FTP session continues to run continuously , and since the initial connection is never closed. This result in port being opened.

How we can check the what commands the adapter execute on the client server while processing this connection?

Is it possible to set some parameters within the ftp adapter to terminate the programme after adapter has done the file listing and download the files. Aslo we would like the programme to terminate after listing if no files can be found and terminating the connection to release the port.

Could some one help on this?

Regards

ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Connect Mode

Permanently

An existing connection to the FTP server is used permanently.

The connection is reestablished automatically if it is closed by the server.

Per File Transfer

A new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.

Doesnt Per File transfer help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Vijay,

Thank you for your answer. What we use is the permanent connection. If we use the second option Per File Transfer. I hope itwill not be efficient as some time we have about 30 files to download and this setting requires 30 connections.

Regards

Ramesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope itwill not be efficient as some time we have about 30 files to download and this setting requires 30 connections.

My understanding is that it will open one connection per polling interval and transfer all files found in the source directory accordingly rather than creating N connections for N files. It means it will open a connection transfer all files and close the connection.