cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while contacting the DTR from the NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't contact the DTR from the NWDS when I try to Log On in the Developement Infrastructure Window on Open Activities. The User Name and the Password on the DTR and the SLD are the same. The strange thing is that If I create a new workspace, create a new project from an existing SC and a new activity it works all fine. When I restart the NWDS the log in problem appears. I can log on to the DTR in a browser and the NWDS can connect to the server of the DTR without the subfolder /dtr.

Three weeks ago the log in worked, I did not change anything on the configuration and now it does not work anymore. Is it possible that it is a configuration problem on the DTR?

Can anyone help me solving this problem?

Thanks.

Manuel

Edited by: Manuel Stöckel on Jun 22, 2011 11:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manual,

This is because of the existing DTR settings which have been locked.

DO one thing go to your workspace folder..

Take a backup of your .DTR folder somewhere else.

Delete the contents inside the .DTR folder.

Now try to login.

If anything more goes wrong restore the old backup of the .DTR file.

Regards,

Happy DEVELOPING

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

if I delete the contents of the .dtr-folder (except the subfolder .syncdbs) then I get the message: "No client found for <dtr>." and "Log On" at the activity is enabled. Did I do something wrong?

Manuel

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

>

> if I delete the contents of the .dtr-folder (except the subfolder .syncdbs) then I get the message: "No client found for <dtr>." and "Log On" at the activity is enabled. Did I do something wrong?

>

> Manuel

Since you have a backup of the .dtr folder, try the following:

-Close NWDS

-Delete the contents of the .syncdbs folder

-Start NWDS (dont login) and switch to the DTR perspective

-Right click on OFFLINE and select "Create Client"

- Add the DTR url (ie http://

:

/dtr/)

- Click the "Log On" button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

if I try this the result is the same. I get the message that the DTR-server is unavailable. And pinging the server has a read timed out. If I take a look at the error log I see the message: "VFS version: 7.10 NOT YET RELEASED NW720_04_REL 0010". Maybe this could help to find the solution of the problem.

Manuel

Edited by: Manuel Stöckel on Jun 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

>

> if I try this the result is the same. I get the message that the DTR-server is unavailable. And pinging the server has a read timed out. If I take a look at the error log I see the message: "VFS version: 7.10 NOT YET RELEASED NW720_04_REL 0010". Maybe this could help to find the solution of the problem.

>

> Manuel

>

> Edited by: Manuel Stöckel on Jun 27, 2011 11:38 AM

Are you pinging the DTR server from NWDS or from the DOS prompt?

Can you login to the DTR with a web browser? If you can, then their is a problem with your NWDS.

Do you still have a Development Configuration in the Development Configuration Perspective?

If so, try removing it ( you will lose any code that has not been checked in )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I found the answer by chance.

I created a new workspace, checked out the relevant projects and did not save my password when I logged in. If I do so I can log in even if I restart the workspace.

I clarified that not saving the password is the solution when I created a new workspace, checked out the projects and saved the password. When I restarted the workspace the problem, for which solution I started this discussion, appeared.

Sounds like a bug in the NWDS.

Thanks anyway for your help. Good to know where to find competent people.

Manuel