cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.1.8: IDocs not sent: Message driven bean container is still not active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

after installing MII 12.1.8 we have problems receiving IDocs, while RFCs are received successfully.

The error when sending IDocs as seen in the NW Log:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

at $Proxy576.onConfirm(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA$ReaderThread.confirmTID(JRA.java:7270)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.onConfirmTID(DefaultServerWorker.java:203)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.handletRfcConfirm(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2713)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.listen(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2239)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatch(DefaultServerWorker.java:259)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.loop(DefaultServerWorker.java:319)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.run(DefaultServerWorker.java:220)

at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA$ReaderThread.run(JRA.java:7370)

at com.sap.engine.services.connector.jca15.work.TaskImpl.run(TaskImpl.java:302)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:327)

Caused by: javax.resource.spi.UnavailableException: Message-driven bean container is still not active and therefore cannot process messages.

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.MDBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(MDBProxyInvocationHandler.java:69)

The error displayed in SM58 is "Bean IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS not found on host"

Has anyone experienced this? We have customized the Message Listener using the Guide from Mike (thanks!), but there are still problems. I have also started a SAPNet message, however I wanted to ask if someone already has experience with it.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

You probably missed this from the guide:

"DONu2019T u2013 Configure the Program ID in NW. Many people make this mistake and end up with two

Program IDs defined in NW. The result will be inconsistent delivery of IDocs. Some will go to the

one associated with the Listener configured by these instructions, some will go to the manually

configured one and generate errors in the NW Log. A one to one relationship between ERP

configuration and MII Listener ProgID is required. u201CBean IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS not

found on hostu201D is the usual error message in the NW log associated with this problem."

Pls check if this is what the issue is.

Thanks

Udayan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Udayan has most likely identified the cause of your problems. There is also a new SAP Note posted by Eoin Donnelly which contains more detailed information on this type of error. Here is a list of SAP Notes including a couple of Eoin's which are applicable to MII and RFC/IDoc Listeners.

u2022 NOTES:

o 1529038 Idoc send to MII, METADATA_UNAVAILABLE

o 1528512 SM59 Connection Test: Program XMIIIDOC** not registered

o 1505915 MII RFC Message Listeners do not receive RFC Messages

o 1499655 IDoc Listener in MII not receiving all IDocs

o 1473472 Not receiving JCO messages in message listeners

o 1573840 Message Processing Rules

Possibly you are working from an older version of the guide. The first release did not contain that comment, but it was one of the primary drivers for the second release. And a third release is in review at this time (and includes the list of SAP Notes).

Keep posting if that is not the issue with the Listener. And generally the best test of a problem listener of either RFC or IDoc type is to simply configure a brand new one with an absolutely, positively, no mistake about it, Unique Program ID.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jun 24, 2011 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan, hi Mike,

thanks for your answer!

I read the guide and was quite sure about the unique id, but maybe I have something left in my first tests that caused the error. I also tried to copy an existing resource adapter to a new name, but this doesn't work either.

Well, as we need a working test environment I decided to restore 12.0.12 which runs quite smoothly. Besides the not working listener, we had some more trouble with 12.1.8. I could not open the scheduler / schedule editor because a invalid cron error was thrown. This also blocked the configuration export. However, the jobs seemed to be running successfully, as the Transaction Manager showed. As I did find a note on this, I have opened a ticket.

Anyway, before starting a new try I will dig into the SAP Notes described above to see if there is something mentioned which leads to an error I had made.

Thanks for your help on this!

Michael

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Deleting a Listener does not seem to remove the ProgID registration fully from NW. And I am not sure copying would work either. Never really thought about it, so have not tried it.

But I have truly found that creating the Listener from scratch with a unique Program ID is the safest and most successful way to go. Any other route seems to end up with frustration and errors.

As I have told many folks, I am not an ALE expert. I have just seen too many examples of ProgID duplication through many different scenarios. The Program ID self registers if the config guide is followed and no additional steps are performed. And the ProgramID link into ECC needs to be unique and one to one.

I have the scars to prove it....

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (0)