Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving transports vs BC Sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a scenario and need your guidance,

When I move a change through a TR from say Dev to QA and alternatively, when we save a change in a BC Set and move the BC Set TR and activate the BC Set in the QA box, what is the major difference in the two aproaches.

It would be really nice if you can throw some light on this query.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Debojit

Basically the BC Sets activation process will fill out some standard master data that will be used in the application. if you do the BC Set activation in DEV and them use TR to QA, you don't need to activate it again.

Please, let me knows if I understand your thoughts.

Regards.

Claud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

Let me first Thank You for replying to my query.

Developing on it further allow me to ask you

Say, I have done some configuration in Dev and want to move those changes to QA, however someone else lets say is working on the same object in QA. How will the system react, if

a) I had saved the changes in a TR and am moving the TR to QA.

b) Had updated the changes in a BC Set in Dev and now am activating the BC Set in QA.

In which case among these two will the system give me a warning and in which case will the changes brought about from Dev will simply overwrite the changes made in the QA client.

This is just a scenario, though I talked about QA and Dev, I dont mean so per se, these can be just two boxes and the riding assumption is that changes can be done in both the boxes.

Would be really happy and grateful to receive a reply from You.

Thanks Again.

Answers (0)