cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System is acception negitive budget though availability control is active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In our business, we have activated availability control. System is doing availability control for 99% of the projects (i.e while creating PR, system giving budget exceeded error.)

For some projects (around 1%), system is accepting negitive budget. We gone through config setting i.e (Budget profile and tolerance limits) and did not find any clue.

Can you please suggest me, the cases where can system does not check availability control and accepts negive budget vaulues.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivasareddy Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe by -ve budget you mean that the system is allowing the budget to be exceeded? If this is what you are asking, than please ensure whether a fiscal year change has occurred or not. Usually the system checks budget at the commitment level and not at the actual posting.

My advice to you would be to verify this using CJI3 report as to how cost was posted onto the project above budget. You may want to simulate this scenario in a test system to see the exact steps.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply. I will do the analysis the way which you have suggested.