cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script shows individual steps for another user but just runs for me

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a SAPGUI script that basically navigates to a screen, enters the given customer number, navigates to the next screen, etc ~ nothing fancy.

When I run it on my laptop, it just runs.

When this other user runs it on her laptop while connected to the same client and instance, it stops and displays the BDC OK Code looking dialogs and she has to hit the enter button for it to actually accept the input and move on.

We're both running release 720, I have checked Options -> Accessibility & Scripting and that's the same. It occurs to me now that I should see what happens when I run it on her laptop and she runs it on my laptop, but I'll have to do that tomorrow ~ that will tell me if the problem is with the SAPGUI itself or with some sort of setting in our SAP User Profile... I vaguely recall something that makes me think it is the latter, but it's been a long time since I worked with this or any other script, and I haven't been able to find any documentation on it. It reminds me a lot of the BDC SM35 options for running every step as opposed to Display Errors only, if that makes sense to anyone...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

the script stops and waits for a response. The answer can be recorded with the Script Recorder. Then, the exact spot to be found in the script.

For example:

. . .
on error resume next
' ----------------------- Here is the recorded response. ------------------------------
session.findById("wnd[1]/usr/btnBUTTON_1").press
' ----------------------- Here is the recorded response. ------------------------------
on error goto 0
. . .

Regards,

ScriptMan

Edited by: ScriptMan on Jun 22, 2011 11:02 AM