cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during Heterogeneous System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have SAP ECC 6, Oracle 10g on HP-UX 11.31 platform (ABAP Stack only).

I want to prepare same production system on windows 2003 platform. For that I have follow the following steps.

1. Run SAPINST on out test system.

2. select SYSTEM COPY -> Oracle -> Source System-> Cental System-> Based on AS ABAP -> Database instance export.

3. Phase 1 "Database Instance Export" complited.

4. in 2nd phase "Update database statistics" upto 95% complited less than 3 hours. But at 95% system response is null.

I have check brconnect log, oracle alert log but there is no relavant message or error. I have started this procedure yeasterday night. When I have checked again at morning status is as it is. i.e. @95%. I have to stop the procedure.

What will be the reason?

Regards.

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

You don't need to update statistics at the export phase. You can update these statistics at the import phase, as well.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

This phase is run thru SAPINST.

Can I excude that ? If yes how?

Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

>

> This phase is run thru SAPINST.

>

> Can I excude that ? If yes how?

>

> Regards,

>

> Nirav

You can select "Skip statistics update" at the SAPINST, before you begin the export.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or you could try:

- cancel the installation/SAPInst

- edit the file <SAPinst_INSTDIR>/keydb.xml as follows:

a) Search for string SAPINST_INST_STATUS.

b) Under this string, search for string ERROR.

c) Replace ERROR by OK.

d) Save your settings.

- run sapinst in your <SAPinst_INSTDIR>

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Orkun Gedik,

Thanks,

I will do the activity again.

I am doing system copy first time. I have read the SAP documents for the same.

But still I have some confusion as below ?

1. I am following the right process for Heterogeneous System Copy. i.e. "Database Instance Export".

2. SAP must be down ? only database is up. As I am taking export of QAS system and at present QAS has very less load.

Presently 1 or 2 users are using QAS system only for reporting purpose.

I am doing this activity only for Testing purpose on TEST machine. So can do this activity while SAP running?

3. What will be the size of export files ? My physical database is of 150 GB.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

If you are not planning to OS/DB migration, I recommend you perform homogeneous copy, not heterogeneous copy. This method is faster than export/import procedure.

By that way, you just need to restore an online or offline backup and perform the steps in the system copy procdure "https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000171822011E"

I hope that I clarified the issue.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I am following the right process for Heterogeneous System Copy. i.e. "Database Instance Export".

You are copy a system in between 2 different OS, so yes, you need to do a Heterogeneous system copy and certainly a Database Export is the right option.

2. SAP must be down ? only database is up. As I am taking export of QAS system and at present QAS has very less load. Presently 1 or 2 users are using QAS system only for reporting purpose

I am doing this activity only for Testing purpose on TEST machine. So can do this activity while SAP running?

The system should be down when the export is running.

3. What will be the size of export files ? My physical database is of 150 GB.

Usually the compress ration is about 1:5

Regards

Juan