cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Java Mapping Source Control

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on source control when developing Java Mappings in PI based on your experience. Or could you please point me in the right direction with some links where I can gather more information around this topic? I basically have two questions to things I'd like to find out before I start the dev.

What the pros and cons were for using NWDI as the source control and framework to develop Java mappings in PI?

Are there any other (more efficient) options that serve the same purpose?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either use NWDS(Netweaver Developer Studio) or Eclipse to develop java mappings in PI.

Thanks,

Ramana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

nil

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed many JAVA Mapping programs using Eclipse, it is really comfortable,and even genarating Jar file also very simple.

Go with eclipse.

Regards,

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjun,

NWDI will be the right choice to manage your Java code.

I have personally not had an implementation where this was utilized but in case you find that there are a good amount of java developments in your implementation, it is best to use NWDI. If enterprise portal is already in your landscape NWDI infrastructure can be shared.

As for the tool, the obvious choice will be NWDS

0 Kudos

Thanks mate.

The issue is that we don't have NWDI and NWDS in our landscape as yet.

Would there be any other good options for me to start with before we get those?

Btw, this is the best response I've had so far and inline with my question. Thankyou.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well without them, an eclipse based editor or netbeans etc might be fine.

But it is best that you get NWDS and leverage the functionality.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
> What the pros and cons were for using NWDI as the source control and framework to develop Java mappings in PI? 
>

You can use any JAVA Editor(Eclipse.NetBeans,JDeveloper etc) to develop JAVA Mappings but NWDS recommanded one.

I dont find any disadvantages in NWDS,it is really good editor and provide greater flexibility.

But coming writing coding,write main method in NWDS for every JAVA Mapping test correctly,before genarating Jar file comment main method or remove main method.

and follow good JAVA coding standards.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

<You can use any JAVA Editor(Eclipse.NetBeans,JDeveloper etc) to develop JAVA Mappings but NWDS recommanded one.>

Thanks for your response Raj,

I was actually interested which of these is preferable in terms of version/source/revision control when developing.

Your response could be one or the other is easier to set up and syncs well with PI or something along those lines.

The question arises only because NWDS & NWDI are quite versatile tools that do a lot of things and dtr is only part of it. So for the simple purpose of generating JAR files it maybe overkill.

Any opinions on that?

Thanks guys.